cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Noise from Hub One

simplestsi

Intermittent Noise from Hub One

Hi, I've just joined Plusnet and the hub one i've been supplied with make an intermittent clicking noise? I've narrowed it down to the 5 GHz wifi connection, when its disabled the issue dosen't occur.

thanks in advance

simon

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Intermittent Noise from Hub One

It's something we're aware of but I don't think there's any way it can be sorted without disabling the 5ghz.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
simplestsi

I had an online chat with support this morning and they're sending me a replacement hub
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It does appear to be a faulty router. Last time I saw this issue, the replacement I sent resolved the problem.

Hopefully your new router will be better as well.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

FWIW, the clicking noise has been known to happen randomly right back to the days of the BTHH2. (Possibly even earlier, but before I used them).

Even up to the BTHH5 some users would hear a click whereas other users did not even though they were using the same type of HH - it sounded like it was a electromechanical/electromagnetic relay.

BT did, at the beginning of each router variant, replace the router if the customer called in or used the forums to report it.

IIRC, after BT tested them, the noise was just noise and didn't actually affect the router - as in it wouldn't cause a drop in the xdsl connection or wifi connection (to all devices).

Therefore they would only replace them if the connection dropped.

(The PNH1 is a variant of the BTHH5)