cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPV4 connected to the internet but not ipv6

jbgold

IPV4 connected to the internet but not ipv6

I joined plusnet a month ago (from John Lewis broadband which is the same company) and on Saturday at exactly midnight my internet stopped working. I had kept the same modem and router i was using with John Lewis so tried changing over to the plusnet one that had been shipped, as if by magic, its all working now. Except that on my work laptop I can only connect through ipv4 and not ipv6 and as a result i can not connect my outlook application to the microsoft servers. I can connect to all of office 365 via an internet browser, but can not get outlook to connect, or windows update or sign in on office installed applications. Any ideas ?

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: IPV4 connected to the internet but not ipv6

@jbgold  Welcome to the forum.

It's simply that Plusnet unfortunately do not support IPv6. I was not aware that JL did. Possibly, as you say, JL Broadband being hosted by Plusnet, (although I believe that they operate as separate organisations) they only got around to actually finishing the change over at the week end.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jbgold

Re: IPV4 connected to the internet but not ipv6

@Baldrick1 Thanks for that, I saw there was a trial of ipv6 but it looks like a roll out has been put off. I still dont understand why my laptop says it is not connected, when it is connected to the the internet just on ipv4 and why I cant connect to MS update even though I can get to microsoft online services. I can do this on other machines connected to the same router, i think there is some legacy setting on my laptop that needs changing, I have refreshed my DNS and ipconfig and deselected ipv6 in settings but still no joy.