cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address reservation on Plusnet router

flamesong
Grafter

IP address reservation on Plusnet router

I think I have guessed the answer to this question but is it possible to assign reserved IP addresses for devices connected to my Plusnet router.

I have been using a Netgear DGND3300 for six years and because I have been having problems and wanted to eliminate it, I have connected a Plusnet router. There are some devices which I have connected, such as my Synology DS213 which are much easier to access when they have a static IP address.

I'm guessing that this is an advanced setting too far and I can see nothing in the router's advanced settings about this but if there is a hidden feature, I'd be very grateful for advice.

7 REPLIES 7
flamesong
Grafter

Re: IP address reservation on Plusnet router

I found the hidden settings here, if it is of interest to anybody else:

http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html

Wammer
Dabbler

Is this the Hub One that you are using?  I am thinking of switching from Sky to PlusNet Fibre and I too need to have reserved IP addresses for attached devices.  Unfortunately I cannot access the link you provided as I don't have the router yet, so I was looking for confirmation that I can reserve IP addresses with the Hub One?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Wammer, welcome to the forum.

The url that flamesong has posted is for logging into the 2704n Router expert settings, not the Hub One.

You should have no trouble setting up Static IP addresses for your devices by logging into the Home Hub Manager at 192.168.1.254 and going to >Advanced Settings >Home Network.

daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have just received a Hub One for a Business BB line at work and I want to use the existing 10.x.x.x range, which I have been using on the old Netgear router for years and have many static IP'd devices, but the Hub One keeps saying that 10.x.x.x is an invalid range Huh

AFAIK 10.x.x.x is a valid local IP range ?

Can anyone advise please ?

Also very annoyed that there is no "Guest" option on the Wi-Fi settings either !

Otherwise I may have to scrap the Hub One and use something more business orientated.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @daveg6hni,

I'm afraid that the 10.X.X.X range isn't available for use with the Plusnet Hub One and I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

However, if you wish to do so, a 3rd Party Router can be used with our services, all you'll need to do is make sure that you enter your broadband username and password into the internal settings so that it will be able to authenticate with our services.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I must say that I am rather disappointed with he Hub One as a Business solution, it might work OK in a domestic environment, but not being able to,

1. Specify the 10.x.x.x IP range,

or

2. Enable ICMP pings for services such as Think Broadband's Quality Monitor,

or

3. To remote into it,

or

4. To even set up a guest Wi-Fi service,

Makes it useless for almost everything other than just testing purposes.

Walter
Rising Star

I have Hub One, under Advanced Settings/Home Network/ IP Addresses I have managed to allocate fixed (manual) addesses .2 -.60 as I cannot edit the default DCHP .64-.253, which I would like to edit.

I can find no way to manually allocate the fixed addresses to my devices (as I did on the Netgear Router and my devices) and not by DHCP.

I would also like to find a way to edit the router DHCP settings?