cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HubOne won't sync after house move

mattoh
Hooked

HubOne won't sync after house move

Hi all, first post here sneakily while at work. Hoping for some advice as I'm worried and I am not tech savvy Sad

We have recently moved flat and when activation date came for our fibre (we took plusnet with us), our hub one router wouldn't sync (despite having worked fine in our old flat)

Rang plusnet, spoke to advisor who did checks on the phone and an engineer came out today. He said our line is fine and that it's the router - he's encountered multiple software problems where the router wont sync for other people, and his colleagues have reported this to no effect.

I'm hoping I wont be charged for the call out, as we are having another router sent out to try by plusnet but he warned that this could end up being a blame game of pass the parcel Sad I don't want to go through loads of routers when he said it's likely to keep happening with the hub one. I'm so confused. We havent had internet for over 2 weeks now and I sometimes work from home so this is a nightmare.

Any ideas what could be the problem? He said the signal and fibre is working which is a relief,he believes our router is incompatible with it and in his experience people have ended up buying a new router or secondhand router to get around the HubOne issue.

Help much appreciated, and any advice on routers I could buy to get up and running asap I would be indebted.

thanks

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: HubOne won't sync after house move

To clarify

Won't sync or won't get a PPP session

mattoh
Hooked

The engineer said it wouldn't sync to the line. (I dont know what a PPP session is!)

The router has the red light and flashing red B constantly, but his tests show that there is fibre there we just cant access it.

mattoh
Hooked

I've bought a TP-Link TD-W8968 Wireless N USB 300Mbps ADSL2+ Modem Router off ebay...in theory should that work? The engineer seemed pretty convinced it was plusnets router.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

The TP router won't work if you have fibre. its only capable of working on ADSL.

mattoh
Hooked

Thanks do you have a suggestion for one that will?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I posted this in another thread, it does ADSL & VDSL.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @mattoh A warm welcome to the community forums first of all.

We're aware of a known problem of a Hub One not able to sync to certain Huawei cabinets. Looking into your cabinet, the vendor is ECI so we don't believe the issue lies with the Hub One in general in your case.

It's likely to be a problem with the router in particular. Please feel free to let me know what happens when you receive the replacement. As for the engineer call out, there will be no charge applied because the router is currently under warranty.

I hope this helps clarify things.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button