Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HubOne printer compatibility help

nl1981

HubOne printer compatibility help

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me either:

Which wireless printers (up to £60) are compatible with the fibre HubOne, or

Which fibre router (also up to £60) is compatible with HP2630 printers?

I've been trawling through past posts on wireless printers not being compatible with HubONe and I've done everything I can to try and fix it, but short of me getting an engineering degree and taking the router apart, nothing has worked.  I will need to either get a new printer or a new router, just trying to work out which is cheapest (I don't print a lot).   

I was thinking  a TPLink router.  Can anyone help?!  

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: HubOne printer compatibility help

@nl1981  Welcome to the forum.

I suspect that there are many tens of thousands successfully connecting their printer to their Hub One and a handful having a mixture of finger trouble or compatibility issues.

It might help resolve your problem and save you money if you told us what printer you have and what you have done to try to connect it. All that the last poster I came across in your situation needed to do was factory reset the printer before connecting it from scratch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Baldrick1 wrote:

@nl1981  Welcome to the forum.

It might help resolve your problem and save you money if you told us what printer you have and what you have done to try to connect it. 

I reckon it is a HP2630 printer, that's what was mentioned in the original post anyway 😀

I had an Epson XP series inkjet and a Samsung laser printer working on mine up until I swapped routers. Don't see why a printer won't work so long as the software and drivers are correctly installed.

Mark

nl1981

Thanks for replying.

Yes, it's the wireless HP2630, without a touch screen.

It worked fine on my old plusnet router, which I threw away after upgrading to fibre.

Drivers are up to date, app correctly installed on phone and laptop. I've tried factory reset, connecting via usb, and changing the broadband channel. HP are at a loss, and I can see on previous threads that others have had the same issue without resolution. So having run out of time and patience, I'm willing to just replace the router or the printer if necessary. But nowhere can I find compatability guidance 🤯🤷🏻‍
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hi @nl1981 

I very much doubt you find a compatibility list as all WiFi devices have to be able support the same network standard of 802.11.

Have you tried turning off 5GHz Wifi as this has been know to cause issues with devices that only work on 2.4GHz.

Dan.

nl1981

Hi @Dan_the_Van 

Thanks, yep tried that, didn't work, sadly.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Have you tried changing the SSID and password to remove any non alphanumeric characters ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.