cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one wont accept PN details

FIXED
tami84

Hub one wont accept PN details

Hi all, So new cust, went straight to fibre so have the PN provided Hub one. The signal has been intermittent since we got it about 2 weeks ago, didn't think much of it as I knew new setup might take a while to settle. After looking at posts I realised the setup details need to be updated to the plusnet ones. Only prob is the router wont accept them when I try to change it in advanced settings. 

Another thing I should also mention, when the net goes down. It still shows as being connected to router but we just cant access any webpages, although it does allow my bf to stay connected in Skype

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Hub one wont accept PN details

I presume your Hub One is showing  'setup@plusdsl.net' in the Advanced Settings -> 'Internet' page?

Try this:

Turn the hub off.

Unplug the DSL/phone cable from the Hub One.

Turn the hub on.

Now go to above Advanced Settings page to add your plusnet account username (eg. myname@plusdsl.net) and corresponding password. Press 'Connect'.  This should force the hub to save your account details in my experience.

Plug the DSL cable in and wait for Hub One to connect to Plusnet service using your account details.

As a final test, turn the hub off and on and confirm your account details has not been deleted from the hub.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

For some reason your account wasn't activated for broadband so I'm actually surprised you were able to connect to anything other than our web page at any point.

I've made sure this is correct now so it should be fine moving forward.

Would you mind PMing me the serial number from the bottom of the router so I can also make sure the correct auto-config details are held on your account account.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tami84

update, all sorted now. Thanks for the help Smiley

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

so I'm actually surprised you were able to connect to anything other than our web page at any point.

@HarryB, two others Hub One users have apparently been able to access the internet when 'setup@plusnet.dsl' is configured on their hubs, albeit at reduced 6 mbps.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-Fiber-Drop-38Mbps-to-6-8Mbps/td-p/1372402

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-