Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one wifi/firmware issue

Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Hub one wifi/firmware issue

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 10/03/19

Currently on that, haven't used hub one in years. Only using it because my n56u stopped 2.4 signal. Anyway is the above correct firmware? and i lost 10mb dload using the hub one compared to using the n56u. Might have been the reason why I changed to n56u. all mobile devices are slower loading with hub one. Any new updates for router that improves it?

Thanks 

17 REPLIES 17
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Hub one wifi/firmware issue

Hiya @Faizan786, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you experience some issues when using our router. I have sent a request off to our products team to have the latest firmware pushed to your router, to see if that makes any improvement for you. Please just allow up to 5 working days for this to be actioned.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Thank you. I also get the following with hub one router when running bt wholesale speed test.

Opera Snapshot_2021-08-30_175652_speedtest.btwholesale.com.png

I have tried this various times during the day. Never had issue when using old 3rd party router. This is wired.

Thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @Faizan786

Can I just ask how you're running your speed tests? Are they wired or wireless? The reason I'm asking is because tests on my end appear to show that the line is syncing at 42Mbps (RRT). When running a phone line test though, it was unable to complete, which sometimes does indicate an issue on the actual line itself. Let's see how you get on with the firmware update and we'll definitely address the phone issue if your service does not improve.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Its Wired as stated in my last post. I done the test again and getting same message ( Is it working for everyone? )

Does the firmware automatically change on router? Or does it require hard reboot? How will I know if the firmware is been forced?

I don't want to keep rebooting router causing DLM issues.

Thanks 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for your response @Faizan786 - apologies for missing that.

Again, tests on the line from our end this morning indicate that the line is syncing at 40.4 Mbps - slightly lower than yesterday but nothing to cause much concern for now.

Correct, the router will require a reset once the update has been pushed through. I've just had a look at @LaurenB 's request and it hasn't been picked up just yet. A good way to see what speeds the Hub One  is receiving is to check out the Data Rate on the Hub One Manager.

Once logged in, navigate to Troubleshooting > HelpDesk, here you'll find the data rate, if the download speed (displayed in Kbps) is in and around the speeds that I've mentioned above, the issue is clearly with the router, or the wiring between the router and your device.

If that's the case, we can always look into sending a replacement router out.

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 6.9 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Not Run - Unable to run
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 921.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From18:45to06:15
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 0
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-55M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-08-20T10:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 41.9 Mbps 43.4 Mbps 42.6 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 6.4 Mbps 6.8 Mbps 6.7 Mbps
Up Time 2.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 886.9 Sec
Retrains 0.0 2.0 0.0
 Adam
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, what about the bt wholesale tests error above. Is bt down? never had error before, it alway went to ip profile page.

Will you or lauren notify me when to reboot router. Thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Faizan786, I'm not aware that the site is down but your IP profile looks fine this side.

With regards to the firmware, I've had a check today and this still hasn't been picked up. If you give us a nudge after the weekend, we can have a check again for you and let you know when to reboot.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

@LaurenB Any luck on the firmware? Also I am still getting that same message above I posted from Bt wholesale test. It allows speed test but gives error when trying additional diagnosis to see IP profile page. Maybe the router firmware might resolve this or theres a problem elsewhere as @adam945 stated. Hopefully just firmware as 3rd party router had no issues with Bt wholesale test.

Other then that phones workihg fine and internet up & running.

Thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning @Faizan786

I've just had a look at our Products Dashboard and it doesn't look like it's been picked up yet. It's not something we can directly influence if I'm honest.

Try posting on here, our products team usually pick posts up on this thread and will push a firmware update through. I can't specify a lead time though.

Adam
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Aint getting no luck on that post, maybe they snowed under.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Morning @Faizan786, I am sorry for the delays. I have just checked the request raised and looks like the team got to my request for your update however, they aren't seeing that the router is online.

Can you please reset your router and let us know once done so we can update the team for you?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

Ive just hard reset it. I am getting crumbling speeds today

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1631725434849271955

Faizan786
Aspiring Pro

ignore speedtest , I was downloading large file. Anyway router reset.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Faizan786

Thanks for your response. Can I ask, what router are you using at the moment? We have a Plusnet Hub One on the account, but on our end, it's been offline since 20/05/2021. This is the router that @LaurenB sent across to our products team to get the firmware updated.

Speeds look pretty decent to be honest, they have nudged up and down over the last couple of weeks but remain within estimates. At the minute, my test is showing that the line is syncing at 40Mbps.

Adam