Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one security ssid not secure

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Hub one security ssid not secure

@moonson I'd just ignore the warning. Apple are just covering their backs (and being an American company, are paranoid about 'security')

Once you have joined Plusnet, they will only replace a modem/router if it fails during the first year, or if you re-contract and request a new router at the time - if you want a different/better one, that is at your expense.

Out of curiosity, how are you running a FTTC connection on a TG582n router - it is an ADSL-only product?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Out of curiosity, how are you running a FTTC connection on a TG582n router - it is an ADSL-only product?

BT VDSL Modem!. The early FTTC installs were supplied with one. There was a firmware variant of the TG582n which converted LAN port 4 into a WAN port. I think the last version of the TG582n firmware , you were able to select FTTC or ADSL on setup. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Never thought of that, @MisterW  - the setup must be a bit ancient then.

John
moonson
Dabbler

Thanks
yes there is a BT box as well
{it's in an inaccessible corner 😉 and I'd got no further than looking at the router control page 192. etc

Yes it is probably what qualifies as an old intallation
I'm rarely inclined to mess with something that is working
would having a more recent box at this end make anything any better?
not looking to spend money just to have a new one, but if it would be a big step forward I should think of doing it sometime
I think the biggest barrier to great service where i am is a dodgy BT box up the road... but I may not be "up to speed" (pun intended) with the details 

jab1
Legend

To be honest, @moonson  - if it is working, I would leave it alone.

I'm no expert on FTTC, but do you get the expected performance as you are currently set up?

John
moonson
Dabbler

well no, but I blame the box up the road for that 😐

i'm happy enough with my broadband, everything's working at the moment, it doesn't cost too much

this will serve as a reminder that there are issues there... and when I evebtually get round to seeing what they are i'll be back here asking the wizards about it

thanks