cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one often crashes/resets when I try to access advanced_settings->Home_network

Simon_F
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hub one often crashes/resets when I try to access advanced_settings->Home_network

Hi all,
On the Hub One's menu, of late I've found  that if I try to view the home network page under advanced settings, the router often (but not always) seems to crash. The network stops responding and the light on the box reverts to green and then may go through the flashing orange sequence for, say, 30-60s, before reverting the blue.  The "connected time" also seems to suggest it crashed.

Firmware is 4.7.5.1.83.8.289

Has anyone else experienced this? 

thanks

Simon

6 REPLIES 6
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Hub one often crashes/resets when I try to access advanced_settings->Home_network

Hi @Simon_F 

Not experienced this issue myself but you might find the cause in the event log.

Troubleshooting >Event Log - In the drop down select System which hopefully gives a clue

Are you running a beta firmware version? if so I would alert @bobpullen 

Hope this helps

Dan.

Simon_F
Grafter

Re: Hub one often crashes/resets when I try to access advanced_settings->Home_network

I did have a quick look at the log, but that was maybe 30 mins after the event and so a little hard to find. I might try to trigger it again early tomorrow before the everyone starts using the network and see if something does stand out.

RE the firmware: I think it was updated to .289 perhaps a week ago, as this is a "new" router and it came with what seemed like a relatively old version (.263). I don't know it that's a beta version though.

Simon_F
Grafter

Managed to provoke it into crashing this morning at around 7:55~7:56. (I had successfully displayed the home nextwork graph, moved away to another page, and then tried to open the network page again)

There is nothing interesting in the system log:

10:10:39, 25 Jan. STP Alert: Port eth0 leaving blocking state.
16:58:19, 24 Jan. (107972.690000) The system is going DOWN for reboot.

Looking at a log of "all" is not much help either. It's noted a blocked access earlier in the morning, and then what I guess the restart after the crash.

07:55:58, 02 Feb. ( 27.420000) WPA2 mode selected
07:55:58, 02 Feb. ( 27.420000) WPS enabled
07:55:48, 02 Feb. ( 17.940000) System start
07:05:54, 02 Feb. IN: BLOCK [16] Remote administration (TCP [47.152.139.117]:38630-​>[87.112.109.133]:22 on ppp0)

I was half expecting to see a "malloc failed" or  "segmentation fault" message.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Morning @Simon_F 

It was worth checking the log, I would guess the device is unable to log an error as it's crashed!

Might be worth trying a factory reset, but you'd have to setup any port forward rules and static IP address is you have, I would not recommend restoring a backup.

Dan.

jesnes

I have a similar problem.  My router is restarting once or twice a day (since firmware updated).  Not linked to anything I'm doing though.  Logs show a power up reboot.  Incredibly annoying as I am a teacher trying to teach online lessons and this disrupts the education of my pupils.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

For the purpose of visibility, I'm chatting to both @Simon_F and @jesnes via PM.

If anyone sees any other reports of this, then please flag them in this thread so I'm aware of them.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵