cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one makes high pitched noise?

thepurseys
Grafter

Hub one makes high pitched noise?

I'm having an irritating issue with my router making a high pitch noise when downloads are taking place?
It's loud enough to hear with TV on and I'm 36 so is noticeable.
I'm also getting about half my quoted speeds.
If no data is being sent or received I don't notice any noise
34 REPLIES 34
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: Hub one makes high pitched noise?

How odd! There is a thread running at Billion discussing the similar thing about a Billion 8800NL :-

http://www.billion.uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8667&sid=b8e38211fd1edcb321d36707b707b1dc

It was bought to replace a BT Hub which made noises,

Geoff,
York.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@thepurseys I've passed your account details on to our products team and we're investigating the route cause of this.

Would you mind if we arranged for a courier to collect your device so we can use it as an example and further our investigations?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
thepurseys
Grafter

What ever is required to solve my problem.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Could you pm me with a few convenient dates (Starting from next week as the person I need to forward it on to has just left) for the router to be collected along with the address it will need collecting from.

I'll then pass these details on to our products team and arrange for a replacement router to be sent out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
thepurseys
Grafter

Do I spend any time without a router? I still have my old asdl one but I don't think it's compatible with my connection?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hopefully not, I've arranged for a new one to be sent to you now. As they're sent out via 1st class post I'd hope it would arrive before we collect the faulty device. If you'd like to provide dates for the week after next to ensure the replacement device arrives first, that's fine to Smiley

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
joelmacdonald
Dabbler

I'm experiencing the same. Somebody on my other thread said it was something to do with the 5ghz.

Also getting half the speed I was told I would get. Engineer coming on saturday to check lines and new router meant to be getting shipped as well.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@joelmacdonald Would you mind if we also collected your router as an example to further the investigations? If you'd be happy to do this, could you PM me a couple of suitable dates to collect the router along with the address to collect from please.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
joelmacdonald
Dabbler

I'm waiting on getting a new one shipped to me with a returns bag to send back the old one.

The chat advisor asked me to return the one I have so they could investigate. That what your after or is it a different process?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It'd be a slightly different process as the returns bag wouldn't get it back to our products team directly. In order to speed up the investigation process for this issue we'd prefer to arrange collection with a courier if you'd be happy to do that instead.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
joelmacdonald
Dabbler

Yeah no bother. I'll need a new router first though. Are you able to check if my new one has been ordered?

Just don't want to be left without one. If you can confirm that we can arrange a pick up of the other one?

Is it just power supply and router that I return?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've made sure a new router is being sent with all the items you would have got in the first box, if you could send everything back that would be great. The new router should be on it's way shortly.

Feel free to PM me the address to collect from and a few suitable dates so I can pass the details on to our products team to arrange collection. Smiley

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
joelmacdonald
Dabbler

Ok. What about the one that the live chat ordered yesterday? Just don't want to end up with piles of routers!

Think all I got was a router, power supply, ethernet and microfilter. Thats right isn't it.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's the router I've made sure is on it's way for you Wink

That list of items sounds about right.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet