Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one losing wifi connection

FIXED
Sun_Zoom_Spark
Dabbler

Re: Hub one losing wifi connection

@bobpullen

Just letting you know that the firmware update appears to have done the job. 3 days and nothing has dropped out.

Thanks,

For your help.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Glad to hear it! Smiley

Let me know if the situation changes (hopefully it won't!)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Customer42
Hooked

Hi,

I have recently started having similar problems of the type reported here by Sun_Zoom_Spark.

We've had occasional dropouts on WiFi connected devices for about a month or so now, 2 phones (Android), iPad, 2 laptops and Humax set-top box. Devices have been dropping off at random times, until tonight just one at a time. The Android phones would report 'Connected, no internet access'.  I've been rebooting devices, rebooting the router, which seemed to resolve things, but some time later another device would drop. My router reports:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1 | Last updated 11/10/18

After reading this thread and another one: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-one-losing-wifi-connection/td-p/1587602 I split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz, and found it is the 5GHz that doesn't work. Everything connects reliably to 2.4GHz, but nothing will connect to 5GHz. Phone now reports 'No internet detected. Won't reconnect automatically.' for 5GHz.

Can you offer any help please?

Thanks.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Customer42, thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums!

As you're now reporting that the 5GHz channel is not working at all, I've arranged to have a replacement router dispatched which should be with you within the next 3-5 working days.

Please let us know how you get on with it and if you need any further help, don't hesitate to drop us another post.

Sun_Zoom_Spark
Dabbler

Hi Customer 42,

My problem was being caused by My Kindle Fire HDX 7.  the problem was fixed after BobPullen updated my firmware to version 4.7.5.1.83.8.262.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Customer42, I've just pushed the update @Sun_Zoom_Spark is talking about to your device. You should find that's fixed the problem?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Dave81
Hooked

I have a kindle fire hd8. Im having the same ssid problems where both disappear and eventually either the router reboots itself or i have to manually reboot. Could be the same thing, my firmware is the 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 version
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Dave81, I've just sent the update your way too. Your device will have rebooted so apologies if you were in the middle of anything. Let me know how you get on...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Dave81
Hooked

Wow that was quick ! Do u not sleep? Was totally not expecting that so efficiently! Many thanks. I wasnt doing anything but did start cursing as i walked past the router to notice the flashy orange light going 🤣
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi, I’ve been having the same issues as mentioned here. Initially my speed kept decreasing after the initial 10 day setup period. As this was a new fibre account, having switched from a long time PlusNet broadband account, an engineer was sent to see if I had a line problem. No problem was found.
The speed reset to an acceptable figure after the engineer reset the line, but within a few days was back down below my minimum guaranteed figure. So I asked if a new router was worth trying. I was sent a new one which now seem to have fixed the speed issues, but this one reboots itself daily, at least once!
I’m currently waiting for another engineer visit on Friday afternoon, but am doubtful this will solve the problem. The only changes I’ve made to the router is to split the 2.4 and 5 GHz, and dim the light.
I am unsure what firmware is on this router (I’m currently at work), but where will I find this information please?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Prawnyloks, Do you know the problem definitely lies with the wireless signal? I'd try a wired connection as this would narrow down where the problem lies. if you're still having speed issues then we'd need to keep going down the path of a fault.

If you want to check the firmware version you'd need to go to 192.168.1.254 and scroll down to the bottom.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf, the speed issue does seem to have settled down since the new router came, but the issue wasn't wireless. I did the majority of my tests using my Mac which is hardwired, the router goes directly to the master socket, so no extension issues. As I said, that issue looks to have sorted itself out. The problem now is the router seems to sporadically reboot itself every day. This generally seems to be in the early hours, but isn't always the case.

Just looked at the Plusnet Hub Manager page and got this at the bottom of the browser window...
Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 | Last updated Unknown
Seems like my firmware is the same as @Dave81 was on before you sent him the update. So maybe it's the same issue for me?

I have at any given time on my network...
Hardwired: my iMac.
WiFi: 2 iPhones, an iPad, 
Humax FreeSat box, LG TV, an IPCam, Echo Dot and occasionally a Pod3 tracker.

As I say, an engineer is currently scheduled to visit on Friday afternoon, but I'm starting to think that this seems like the same issue as the others in the thread have experienced.

Is it worth pushing the firmware through before the visit, or should we just hang fire and see what transpires on Friday?

[CSA Removed] and [CSA Removed] (no surname available) have been working on my open question regarding these issues.

I appreciated any extra help you can provide!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Prawnyloks 

Before we do this, we need to make sure we have isolated the firmware as being the culprit. Other users have had Amazon devices which have been knocking our the SSID and causing reboots - do you have any such devices connected to your network? 

Reboots in the wee hours are not uncommon, it's during these times that our suppliers perform network updates/checks etc - however, we are seeing a few more than is considered "normal" on your RADIUS; 

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here.

If that doesn't help, the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop.

This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here

Thanks, 

MoR

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi @MasterOfReality it probably likely to be the weekend before I can try all these tests, so I guess for now we’ll see what happens when the engineer visits then take it from there.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Prawnyloks

Keep us posted on how the appointment goes, it looks like our suppliers are escalating this with Openreach to try to make sure a senior skilled engineer picks up the job.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet