cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one losing wifi connection

Balance
Dabbler

Hub one losing wifi connection

So I've now spent many hours trying to figure out why my wi-fi printer is difficult to connect to at best - it's an Epson xp-6000 and used to work just fine but over the last couple of months has been virtually impossible to connect to and seemingly would wake up at random. Today I have tried changing it's IP, tried dhcp and static, tried uninstalling all AV and firewalls from one of the offending machines and still I cannot ping or tracert reliably and I finally decided that the printer has become intermittent but working at the moment.

Have duly raised a call with Epson and come back from dinner to find connectivity is gone again with the same symptons - the printer thinks it is connected but my PC cannot print and the Hub One is reporting everything as connected and lo and behold nothing on the wifi network is pingable from the wired network. That rings a bell because I have been able to print from Android to the printer but not from the PC before and now that sounds like there is a software problem on the router.

Sure enough.....I can now see lots of people reporting on this forum problems.

I have now changed the channel on my 2.4 wifi to channel 9 which looks less crowded and lo and behold wifi items are now connectable.

There is nothing running on the channel I was on at the moment so I don't think it was this change - I think the resetting the wifi connection has woken it back up - so I am posting this because I have a feeling that there is a software issue with the hub one where it loses the connectivity intermittently and I'll try again tomorrow to see if the wifi connectivity has packed up again - apparently my last firmware update was in March so seems reasonably recent but we've probably been having problems for that long......I have a suspicion that these Hub Ones are been nerfed.

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Hub one losing wifi connection

Hi @Balance,

I'm sorry to hear that your wireless connection hasn't been working well over the last few months. Please let us know if this issue returns following the reset and we'll investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Balance
Dabbler

Hi Emily,

We've been having problems again....we had exactly the same experience earlier this week (wired connection was unable to communicate to the wireless printer) and for the last two days we've had really very patchy performance and this evening I have had endless moans about the wifi from the family so we've tried refreshing the wifi (the option that says it looks for the best channel to use) to no effect so I have rebooted...it's taken a while but back up and running for the moment. Hoping a reboot has cleared it for now.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Balance,

Thanks for the update. I think the best option at the moment is for us to replace the router. I've done this and it should be with you by the weekend. 

Balance
Dabbler

Wow, thank you for prompt response!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Anytime @Balance,

Hopefully it won't be needed but I think the one you have is probably on the way out now (it's quite old by the looks of it). Worth noting any settings you have in the current router will need adding into the new one - for example if you split the banding, manually set channels etc.