Hub one losing wifi connection

FIXED
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Hub one losing wifi connection

Hi @Firsttruster,

If you can PM me the account username, that should be all we need for the time being. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Firsttruster

PM sent, thanks @TheMightyAJ

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Firsttruster,

I've raised a request for the firmware to be updated. Once we have a further update we'll let you know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Firsttruster

thanks @TheMightyAJ  appreciate the support.

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Hi @MatthewWheeler or anyone from Plusnet.

I'm currently awaiting another engineer visit on Friday, but due to daily drops in my connection it looks like my profile needs resetting in the interim please. DSL line status is back up at 39.95 Mbps again, yet hardwired speedtests are only getting around 30 Mbps. If someone could reset my profile again I would appreciate it.Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 11.44.35.jpg

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Profile has been aligned at our side.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Prawnyloks
Rising Star

Thanks @bobpullen. Hopefully it’ll tide me over till the next Openreach visit on Friday 🤞🏼
T3chn0h1ppy
Hooked

Hi There,

I also have the connection issues described above and still have firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.259. there is at least one kindle on the network and my Nokia is fairly continuously being booted off the network.

Any chance you could push the latest firmware, or do you need more info first?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @T3chn0h1ppy

I've requested that we upgrade your router to a newer firmware which should fix that for you. Smiley

Let us know how it goes over the next few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grumpystumpy

Hi
As a previous poster said, sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am also experiencing this issue.
Almost every other day, the WiFi is dropped and the SSIDs completely disappear, although the router is still showing the blue light.
The only way to recover is a power off/on cycle.
I have 2.4GHz and 5GHz on separate SSIDs and I have some of the problem devices mentioned:
2 iPhones, 3 Echos, a FireTV stick, along with several other tablets and phones.
(I needed to separate the SSIDs, as WiFi calling was unstable on my iPhone and I have almost no phone cell signal otherwise (EE)).

It seems to be a relatively recent issue.
It may be related to the purchase of the FireTV stick on Black Friday and two of the Echos at Christmas.

Initially, I thought it might be a hardware issue, but after reading this thread, I suspect it may be a firmware problem.

Is it possible to get the new firmware pushed to my Hub One?
I haven't raised help desk logs, as I've been trying to get a handle on the symptoms.

T3chn0h1ppy
Hooked

@Gandalf thanks for this, I've seen its upgraded. I'll keep an eye out and let you know how it goes

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @grumpystumpy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing wireless connection problems. I've passed this onto our products team to get the latest firmware update pushed out to your router and this should complete within the next few days.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
tj
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hmmm, we were doing so well since @bobpullen's firmware update. And this may well be a freak one off... but, after three weeks of beautifully stable internet, this evening is the first time I've noticed a drop out -- on the updated firmware. It seems that just the 5GHz wifi is down, with devices connected to the 2.4GHz, and those connected via cable, still working.

Looking at my Event Log, I can't see any clues why... but from logged symptoms, it looks like the troubles started at 19:41 this evening.

If anyone would like to offer any advice, it'd be appreciated. Or at least be good to hear you've noted the issue for further investigation... Thanks x

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@grumpystumpy, your router has been upgraded.

@tj, keep your eye on things and let me know if it happens again.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

grumpystumpy

Hi @EmilyD

Perfect!

Thanks for your help