cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one losing WiFi connection - may be related to having Hive hub connected

lazthemag

Hub one losing WiFi connection - may be related to having Hive hub connected

Hi,

I've had my service running for a couple of months now and have been having frequent connectivity issues with the Plusnet Hub One.  Mobiles would frequently drop from connectivity and I wouldn't realise until I saw them using 4g connection (not the end of the world for me but the missus is on a limited data plan).

Thinking this was a range issue I've gone out and bought a BT 750 range extender and now I'm fairly satisfied that range is not an issue.  However, last night I noticed again that I was struggling to get devices to connect to either the Hub One or the range extender, taking several minutes to make a connection. after repeated issues last night I disconnected my Hive hub from the router just to see if it had any affect.  My mobile devices were immediately able to connect again to any of the network SSID's.

Anyone have any history of this problem or any suggestions of where I can start?

Rgds

K Laz

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Hub one losing WiFi connection - may be related to having Hive hub connected

Use the forum's search button on wifi issues with PN's Hub One router. If you've an alternate router try configuring/ connecting with that. Most have better wifi performance than PN's.
lazthemag

Re: Hub one losing WiFi connection - may be related to having Hive hub connected

Thanks Gel,

I've gotten hold of a DrayTek that I'm going to try and setup this evening.  However, I don't just think it's WiFi performance, I think there may be a conflict as there is definitely an impact when I attach the Hive and then a positive impact when I disconnect it.

Rgds

K Laz

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @lazthemag,

I've seen instances before where Hive's have caused a conflict with wireless signal.

Have you looked at the wireless troubleshooting guide and changed the channels? It might also be worth looking at splitting the 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies by changing the SSID for one of them so your devices doesn't automatically try switching between these.

More information on changing wireless settings can be found here

More information on de-syncing the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connection frequencies can be found here

Hope this helps.