cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one hissing/buzzing noise!

arenshaw6
Hooked

Hub one hissing/buzzing noise!

This is driving me insane now! When using a wifi device like my MacBook/phone/tablet my hub one makes a hissing noise now this driving me insane! I was told Plusnet net know about this issue and there is nothing they're willing to do about! As its not broken?! Surely it shouldn't be the case?

I was told if she sent it back I would be charged because they're is nothing wrong with the device?!

Please someone help Its driving me insane!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 996

Re: Hub one hissing/buzzing noise!

Thanks for getting in touch @arenshaw6 

We've had discussions with the vendor/manufacturer previously about this and the noise caused by the 5GHz frequency was deemed to be within acceptable tolerances and not indicative of a material fault with the router. 

Unfortunately if the noise is distracting all I can suggest is to switch the frequency off. 

Apologies again for the frustration this causes you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
arenshaw6
Hooked

Well thats not good is it, after ive signed in for another year.

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 179

@arenshaw6 

I know that this is not what you want to hear but if you go onto an auction web site such as EBay you can pick up a BT Smarthub 6 for less than £20. This is silent, looks better, you can control the brightness of the light and has better WiFi performance.

Setting instructions are here. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...