cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one hissing/buzzing noise!

arenshaw6
Hooked

Hub one hissing/buzzing noise!

This is driving me insane now! When using a wifi device like my MacBook/phone/tablet my hub one makes a hissing noise now this driving me insane! I was told Plusnet net know about this issue and there is nothing they're willing to do about! As its not broken?! Surely it shouldn't be the case?

I was told if she sent it back I would be charged because they're is nothing wrong with the device?!

Please someone help Its driving me insane!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Hub one hissing/buzzing noise!

Thanks for getting in touch @arenshaw6 

We've had discussions with the vendor/manufacturer previously about this and the noise caused by the 5GHz frequency was deemed to be within acceptable tolerances and not indicative of a material fault with the router. 

Unfortunately if the noise is distracting all I can suggest is to switch the frequency off. 

Apologies again for the frustration this causes you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arenshaw6
Hooked

Well thats not good is it, after ive signed in for another year.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@arenshaw6 

I know that this is not what you want to hear but if you go onto an auction web site such as EBay you can pick up a BT Smarthub 6 for less than £20. This is silent, looks better, you can control the brightness of the light and has better WiFi performance.

Setting instructions are here. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'