cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one crashes when uploading files

TomBall1410

Hub one crashes when uploading files

Hi, 

I've been with plus net for a few months now. The speeds I am getting are fairly consistent but I am having trouble uploading files.

I often work from home and not being able to upload files properly is causing me a lot of problems.

I work on a linux laptop and the file I am trying to upload is around 100MB ( I have tried many times over the past week, using SCP, google drive etc). The result is always the same, the router light goes to red, internet connection drops out for about 5-10 seconds, invalidating the upload. 

I have left the router settings on default,  I believe my laptop is connected to the 5 GHz channel. 

I recently brought an ASUS router (accidentally got one that requires a separate modem) so I can't connect that yet, but I am assuming that the hub one router is just not very good!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Tom 

1 REPLY 1
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Hub one crashes when uploading files

There were a few people with this problem a while ago, and now a few more have appeared.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Line-Drops-when-backing-up-to-a-cloud-system/td-p/1393...

A possible workaround might be to limit the speed at which you upload the file to less than your line's upload speed.