cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one & Asus RT-AX92U

FIXED
Jim_the_rower

Hub one & Asus RT-AX92U

I'm trying to create a mesh wi-fi in the house. Standard Hub One router struggles with all the tech of a family of 4 working / learning etc across a 3 floor semi so the Asus seemed like a good investment (albeit expensive).

I cannot get the Asus to connect through to the internet

Actions taken....

- replaced Hub One (Thanks Plusnet)

- Tried Huawei HG612 3b modem

- Reset routers more times than I can imagine

- Restarted everything in the correct order (modem, wait, routers, wait, laptop)

- Checked password/sign on etc

- Spoken to Plusnet service centre (hence the new Hub One), but when I started getting into the detail they were flummoxed.

I'm on the unlimited fibre service 

Has anyone got this set up to work? Any help appreciated, as I'm fresh out of ideas

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Hub one & Asus RT-AX92U

@Jim_the_rower 

If you are thinking that you can use this with a Hub One to set up a mesh then unfortunately you need a router that supports Asus AiMesh. The Hub One does not support this and is therefore incompatible.

So your best bet is to use the HG612 modem. Looking at the Asus manual it should be simply a case of plugging it in to the modem, selecting 'Auto IP', selecting PPPoE and then entering your Plusnet username (followed by @plusdsl.net and password.

Have you tried this?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jim_the_rower

@Baldrick1 

Thanks for replying. I have tried this, but will have another crack at it this evening to double check the Auto IP element

The HG612 doesn't have a WAN socket so I am using the LAN1 to connect to the WAN on the ASUS

I will report back 

Cheers

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Fix

@Jim_the_rower 

LAN 1 is the correct one to use. Normally if it’s an ex Openreach one there is a sticker over LAN 2.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jim_the_rower

All sorted

I changed the ADSL filter, plugged in the HG612, left that for a few mins, changed the cat5 cabling, then kicked up the ASUS routers & I now have 55Mbps across the house. Very pleased. I may not tell the kids it is all running just yet though 😉

Thanks for your help