cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one Wierd Dissconecting

Joshua431

Hub one Wierd Dissconecting

So bassically i have hub one and we have 3 iphones in the house a 6 and 2 7's and lots of other devices which all work fine besides the iphones which decide to lose connection when your on games, youtube, facebook etc .. its like they load up fine and are working fine and every so often they will say they have lost when the wifi bars are still there its fixed by simply restarting the app or turning the wifi of and on on the phone but with games it just recconets its self does anyone know why it does this ? My speeds are fine on the devices it just loses connection sortof as i stated above but all other devices stay connected and are fine just iphones , thanks in advance ps doesnt matter if your on 2.5 or 5 ghz
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Hub one Wierd Dissconecting

@Joshua431

Welcome to the forums.

This is the first thing to change to see if it fixes the problem.

Change the name of one of the 2 SSIID (WiFi names). Add a number 5 to the 5GHz one so you can distinguish between the 2 names.

See this page and the section "How to check or change WIFi Settings". You need to clear the section "Sync with 2.4Ghz" so that you can then change the SSID's.

Also I would only give the iphone's access to one of the 2 SSIDs so they don't try to swap between the 2 SSIDs.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Joshua431

After a long time of not replying i thought i better get it sorted this has not fixed it and iphones just seem to lose connection after a couple minuite on an app e.g facebook will stop loading posts/videos and youtube after watching a video or 2 will stop loading videos up and you have to close the app and reopen for them to work ... not a iphone problem since they all work fine on other peoples wifi
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

http://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-wifi-iphone-ipad 

Other than this you might want to use your own modem/router as the Plusnet Hub One doesn't seem to  like your environment for some reason. I use Apple devices but own a TP Link router and don't see this behaviour.

A list of all in one devices ands discussion about them can be found at http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14436.0.html

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT