cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One

cyprus2

Hub One

I noticed last year that my laptop would keep disconnecting from my WiFi. I looked the problem up on the Internet and it seems that the 5ghz speed is causing the problem I've since switched it off which has fixed the problem but my router is now running on the slower speed, which is unfair considering I'm paying for a service I'm not really getting. Plusnet need to fix this.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Hub One

@cyprus2  Welcome to the forum.

Plusnet are contacted to supply the speed over an Ethernet connection not wireless.

Before switching off the 5GHz band did you try separating the bands and trying each individually? If not give it a go. See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@cyprus2, worth a read of the thread here if you haven't done so already.

I've pushed an update to your router that might help. You'll need to reboot at your convenience to apply the changes though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

cyprus2

Thank you so much, that seems to have fixed the problem.
cyprus2

Hi plusnet team

I thought baldrick1's seggestion had worked but it started disconnecting again today so I've made the changes you segested and I've rebooted the router I'll let you know if it happens again. Thanks for your help.