cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One

mantonis

Hub One

I have fibre with Hub One modem/router. I have three repeated problems which have gradually worsened:

1. The WIFI signal sometimes totally disappears and then some times re-appears after an indeterminate time

2. When I try to reconnect, I am often asked to enter the WIFI password which the router then does not recognise

3. The broadband download speed sometimes drops to a speed well below that of a poor ADSL connection (1-2MB). Ironically the upload speed is then often better. This also occurs with the PC close to the Hub One!

When the broadband is very slow I still get an excellent speed directly connected to the RJ45 port (well over 50MB) on the modem ie the problem is related to the router not the modem!

I have reset the router umpteen times and the problem still re-occurs.

When the speed is low (under 3MB it generally improves substantially after rebooting the Hub One (to over 50MB).

The problems are intermittent but occur now virtually daily!

I have tried a good quality repeater but this is just repeating the problems at its source ie the Hub One router!

Would it help if I connected a good quality stand alone WIFi router directly to the Hub One modem using an RJ45 cable and then disabled the Hub One WIFI? Does this require any specific settings?

I have a largish house with thick walls.   

Any help would be appreciated as I am at wit's end!

Thanks       

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Hub One

Hi @mantonis,

Your problems sound very much related to this.

I have just pushed an update to your Hub One. You will need to power it off/back on at your side to apply it.

I'm hopeful that this will resolve most of your issues.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from  Fibre to My Router 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mantonis

Bob,

Do you mean just disconnect the power and reconnect or should I reset the router?

I have done the former and will monitor the outcome during the next few days.

Thanks

Mike