cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One with DLNA

David9999
Hooked

Hub One with DLNA

I've recently changed to Plusnet but am having difficulties with my DLNA set-up. On an iMac I'm running the latest version of Plex Media Server as I have been for many months. My Panasonic TV is connected wireless to the Hub One, they are 5 metres apart and the signal strength showing on the TV is excellent, 5 bars. The TV shows the IP address as 192.168.1.120. Despite this, if I look at the Hub Manager the TV is not shown as connected although everything else is correctly identified. If I open the Media Server on the TV it responds 'Server not Found'. There is no IP conflict that I can see.

Until I switched to Plusnet the Media Server worked first time every time and as the Hub One is the only thing that has changed I assume that I've missed something. Can someone please help me with the setting?

Thanks,

David

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hub One with DLNA

Could you use the router that you had with your previous ISP ?, but using Plusnet connection settings.  Huh

Your Plusnet settings for any compatible router can be found here - Connection settings for manual connection

Wink

David9999
Hooked

Well I was hoping that Plusnet were going to be more switched on than that after all DLNA is not exactly new. Many thanks for the suggestion, I'll certainly give it a try.

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, it is extremely unlikely that ANY Plusnet staff will help with anything they don't sell, and have ALWAYS referred questions like yours towards this forum, where other customers might be able to help.

David9999
Hooked

Gutted to hear that Plusnet is such an uncaring outfit, I'd expected better!

So, for anyone out there with similar issues this is how I resolved the issue I faced:

My Panasonic TV, five metres from the Hub One, could see the wireless network but only on 2.5GHz. 5GHz was not an option offered. I entered the password manually and everything checked out correctly on the TV and a 2.5GHz connection to the network was reported as strong with five bars. Despite that when I logged onto the router from my iMac there was no trace of the TV on my network. I tried this several times always with the same negative result.

Next I disconnected the TV from the network and chose the WPS connection method, initiated by pressing the button on the top of the Hub One. In seconds the TV connected to the network. Now the TV was visible on the network from the iMac. When interrogating the TV to see the connection details I found that the connection made was at 5GHz, something that had not been possible from the TV initiated connection.

Over the last three nights I've used the Media Server and on each connection the TV has made the connection without issue. For me the problem no longer exists.