cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One settings password - can't input via Firefox

grahamt
Rising Star

Hub One settings password - can't input via Firefox

Apologies if this is a FAQ - I've tried searching within this forum but couldn't find anything.

I've just got a new Hub One router. I wanted to have a look at the settings, so browsed to the router address, clicked on Settings and entered the password that came with the router. Nothing happened when I clicked 'OK': no error message, but also no progress. Nothing.

I was using Firefox to connect (latest 64-bit version, on Windows 10, wired connection). I made quite sure I wasn't typing in the wrong password, then tried again using MS Edge. It worked and I could see the settings. I then tried Chrome. Again, it worked. Back to Firefox, and the result was just like the first time: no error message, but I couldn't get in.

OK, this is not a huge problem, as I can get in via other browsers, but it's bugging me. Does anyone know of any reason why Firefox isn't accepting my input? Something in the settings, maybe?

2 REPLIES 2
grahamt
Rising Star

Re: Hub One settings password - can't input via Firefox

OK, so either I'm the only person who's ever tried to get into the Hub One settings uding Firefox (unlikely) or I'm the only Firefox user who has this problem. I can navigate round the router's home page using Firefox, I can input the settings password and the characters show up in the right place. It's just that when I click on OK to send the password nothing happens. Very odd. I do the same thing in another browser and there's no problem.

I can try a few things like unblocking ads, taking off tracking protection and unblocking pop-ups, but I don't really expect any of these things to work - and I'd be worried if they did.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Hub One settings password - can't input via Firefox

Hmm, using FF Quantam, version 61.0.2 (64-bit) and W10, version 1803 and it's working fine here.

I've been logging in to the hubs ui for most of today. Password works every time.

(Have Ghostery, ABP and NoScript too if that helps)