cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One router crashes/reboots with internal network file transfers

garywood84
Rising Star

Hub One router crashes/reboots with internal network file transfers

I am using a PlusNet Hub One router, with both wired and wireless devices. It's been working perfectly, but recently, when I try to transfer files across my home network (from a MacOS device to a shared drive on a Windows 10 Pro PC, but I don't think that's significant), the router seems to freeze up. The file transfer hangs, and the Internet connection drops, then the router reboots. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or has my router developed a fault? If it's faulty, can I get a replacement from PlusNet?

6 REPLIES 6
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Hub One router crashes/reboots with internal network file transfers

Mine constantly disconnects. Using the Xbox is frustrating. Netflix constantly rubber bands at 25%. Tried wired connection. Same result. Had router a few years now.
garywood84
Rising Star

Thanks @rogadodge.

Mine is stable most of the time. I'm only encountering problems when trying to transfer files between devices on my network. It's very frustrating!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@garywood84,

Sorry you're having problems, because you noted that everything was working perfectly fine (and now isn't), I'd assume the router is becoming faulty, I've replaced this for you. Let us know if this still continues. 

@rogadodge,

I've also replaced the router, but your connection is really stable (77 days solid), so when you say the issue occurs wired too it would probably be wise to log some wired BT Wholesale speed tests to assist with your problem. 

garywood84
Rising Star

@JOLO 

Thank you very much! That's really excellent customer service, and very much appreciated. I'll look forward to receiving the replacement router, and fingers crossed it will solve the problem...

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thank you. I don't know how to do BT wholesale speed tests though. Would this show up a fault inside premises ie router? If you can point me in the direction of instructions for this test, I will gladly do them.
I did think maybe the Youview box as the buttons aren't always resounding, but it seems more likely (to me) that the two issues are connected and the common denominator is the router. Thanks again.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@rogadodge,

No worries, to run a BT Wholesale speed test you need to browse to this site. After this it's pretty self explanatory, but put 'yes' in the radio button after reading the text, then begin test.

Once the test completes click on further diagnostics, enter the telephone number your service is on and the run test. This will run the test again and then should save a copy on the results for us to be able to view here.

The test itself won't show an obvious issue with the router, but it will help to show where any issues may lie. For example in this case the aim is to get a wired speed test to make sure the connection (wired in) is running as it should. This then proves (as best as possible) that the connection is fine. From there we'd get you to look at wireless connectivity and interference issues that could be causing your issue. 

It's up to you if you want to wait for the new router before doing any testing, though.