cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One replacement

katie2021

Re: Hub One replacement

Yes I've been following that, I'm just start again from scratch as when using my phone it kept disconnecting so I'm just trying on tablet as it hasnt disconnected me so far from the router, before I kept having to re-sign in as it would freeze.. I'll update any progress
katie2021

So far so good, it said connected.. So I'm just leaving to do its things as stated in the post, just a quick question in the post it mentions in the last step to separate the channels, I would prefer not to do this as its the reason I needed to get a smarthub as some devices couldn't connect to 5ghz.. Is this necessary? Thanks in advance.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@katie2021 

You can leave them synchronised if you wish but this could be the cause of your problem.

If you separate them and go into your device available wireless networks you will see both the 2.4 and 5GHz SSIDs. If you want to use the 5GHz band then select that. The password is the same for both.
If you connect each to your device in turn so that both are available to your device then when you switch the device on it should still select the best, however always try both and use the best. This can change as you move around.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

katie2021

Thank you, well all good so far.. Good speeds and all devices connected, so far nothing has disconnected but if it does I will split the channels, already a massive difference in regards to connection strength, when I was on the plusnet homehub I had split the channels and my I would connect my phone to the 2.4 it was no more than 3mps now my phone has automatically selected the 2.4 with the bt smarthub and speed has been 40mps.. So even if I had to split at least it wouldn't be slow.. Thanks for all the help.
katie2021

Hello again, so everything was fine but when my housemate came back he said his ps4 was really slow when playing games so I logged into the router and could see that everything was all on the 2.4ghz and nothing was connected to the 5ghz so I separated the channels and automatically it added a 5 on the end of the 5ghz channel name, the problem is that when I open WiFi of any device the 5ghz isn't showing up, I tried disabling the 2.4 and still nothing and then this meant I had to start from scratch as I had no connection at all to the router, it was pretty easy though since I had already been through the process, I've again separated the channels and the 5ghz is nowhere to be seen.. Is there something I'm missing?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@katie2021 

Have you checked that the 5GHz band is switched on?

Not all devices have a 5GHz receiver, older devices only have 2.4 GHz capability.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

katie2021

Hi, yes it was definitely switched on and devices that have been connected on 5ghz previously haven't been able to find the network ssid... So I played around and the only way to make the separate 5ghz network to show in the list of available networks is to change the mode from mode 1 to either mode 2 or mode 3 but then that shows the name but no connection and also effects the 2.4 speed so its pointless, on the ps4 you have the ability to show just 5ghz and it doesn't show either combined or separated... I'm wondering whether the router I have bought is faulty.