cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One rebotting 2-3 times a day. Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

paulwillis82
Hooked

Hub One rebotting 2-3 times a day. Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

Hi, 

My router is restarting very frequently, it didn't do this when I first got it so I'm not sure what happened. Internet connection is fast and working well when the router behaves. I thought this was related to heavy file transfer and streaming over my network, but it seems to happen when I'm not doing very much at all. 

From what I've read on here it looks like a faulty router?

Any help appreciated. 

Event log shows the following cycle:

20:30:42, 12 Aug. ( 32.520000) System up, firmware version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.263
20:30:27, 12 Aug. ( 18.080000) System start 
20:30:27, 12 Aug. ( 18.080000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)
7 REPLIES 7
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Hub One rebotting 2-3 times a day. Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

Sorry to hear you're having connection issues. I've tested your circuit and can't find any issues that would cause this to happen. 

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here.

If that doesn't help, the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop. 

This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here 

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here

Kind Regards, 

MoR

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

fwiw, it could be a failing power adapter.

How old is it?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
paulwillis82
Hooked

Thanks for your response. As I stipulated in my original post I am not having any internet connection issues at all, so I can't imagine plugging into the test socket is going to make any difference. The router is power cycling by itself.

paulwillis82
Hooked

The router and power supply is around 8 months old. I feel like it started happening fairly soon after I set the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi to seperate SSID's. My chromecast refuses to work if had these combined, despite the fact that it was working fine for the first 2 months. It seems like maybe a firmware update may have been the trigger, but it's hard to say. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @paulwillis82 

I'm sorry to see how this has been handled, I've done some digging into the watchdog reset error code you're seeing in your router logs and I've came across and have had a read of this thread

What devices do you have connected to the router, in particular do you have a NAS device? Although either way it seems like the answer is to replace the router so I've got a new one ordered which should land within the next few days.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulwillis82
Hooked

@Gandalf wrote:

I'm sorry to see how this has been handled, I've done some digging into the watchdog reset error code you're seeing in your router logs and I've came across and have had a read of this thread

What devices do you have connected to the router, in particular do you have a NAS device? Although either way it seems like the answer is to replace the router so I've got a new one ordered which should land within the next few days.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Gandalf (words I never thought I would be typing). I really appreciate you looking into this for me and sending a replacement. It is a shame that some other members of your team didn't read my post properly! 

I don't have a NAS attached, only a Philips smart lighting hub connected via ethernet and a PC which is usually switched off. 

Thanks again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thank you Gandalf (words I never thought I would be typing). 

Always a first time for everything Smiley I also go by Anoush if it doesn't feel right to write Gandalf.

I really appreciate you looking into this for me and sending a replacement.

No problem, let us know how it goes once you've received it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet