Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One reboots nearly every time I access Home Network setting

FIXED
STick220

Hub One reboots nearly every time I access Home Network setting

Hello All,

My first post in this community.

I signed up to upgrade my Plusnet ADSL to FTTC recently and was sent the Hub One in preparation of the new service.  I installed it at the weekend and almost immediately ran into a bug which appears to be the same as here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/It-s-BACK-The-HubOne-quot-Home-Network-quot-router-reb...

Basically, in my setup the Hub One has an ethernet cable attached to LAN1 which feeds to an 8 port TP-Link 1Gb switch in my loft.  This in turn then feeds to 6 wired devices (TV, STB etc.) including a TP-Link wireless N cable router in my garage configured as an access point to cover a dead zone in the house. The TP-Link router has a static IP of 192.168.1.253 and I modified the DHCP scope of the Hub One to allow for this (e.g. I set the scope to finish at 192.168.1.240 instead of the original .253). I also use the same wireless SSID and PSK so my wireless devices seamlessly roam between the Hub One and TP-Link router depending on their current location in the house. The TP-Link router has DHCP and firewall etc disabled so it runs as a pure access point (e.g. it does no routing, just passes everything back to the Hub One to handle).

This setup worked fine with my previous router (Billion BiPac) and the old Plusnet wireless G router a long time before that.  Now everything still works with the Hub One, except if I login to the web-interface, go to Advanced Settings and click on Home Network - I get an instant reboot of the Hub One without fail. I have tried being connected via wireless or ethernet and with different devices (tablet, smartphone and laptop) and the reboot still occurs every time.  Now the odd thing is if I switch the TP-Link router off I can access the Home Network settings in the Hub One with no problem at all!

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this might happen? I suspect I might have faulty hardware in the Hub One as I had no such issue with my old router.  Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Hub One reboots nearly every time I access Home Network setting

Sorry to hear that.

In the first instance we'd recommend factory resetting the router if you haven't already just in case it's a settings issue

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
STick220

Hi Matthew, thanks for your help. I did a factory reset on the day I installed the Hub One when I first noticed the problem but it didn't help. I can do another one but as my fibre has gone live now I guess it's better to wait for the training period to complete so I don't introduce any unnecessary disconnections on the line.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Fix

Hi @STick220 ,

Thanks for your response.

As my reply contains account specific information, I've sent it as a ticket which can be found here.

Please get in touch if you need anything else.

STick220

Hi Oskar,

Thank you for your help with the ticket.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

HI @STick220 ,

That's absolutely not a problem.

Please let us know how you get on and if you have further issues don't hesitate to get in touch.

We have a fantastic community here and you're always sure to find the answers you're after.

STick220

Hi OskarPapa,

I have installed the new Hub One this evening and I think it has cured the problem Smiley 

I have accessed the web interface several times with no rebooting issues and all my wired devices are attached. I guess there must be some kind of hardware fault with the old one. 

Thank you for your help in resolving this for me Smiley