Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One question - port forwarding - only allow a specific ip address

FIXED
vincentvega
Hooked

Hub One question - port forwarding - only allow a specific ip address

Long time customer. Just received a Hub One. Ripped out the old modem and my Netgear "N" router and just have the Hub One connected now which is a little less cluttered... Signal strength and speed around the house much much better than my old Netgear, so pleased with that.

I have configured port forwarding for my PC at home... I regularly RDP to it from work. Tested RDP and works fine.

However, really I want to limit the inbound RDP connections to allow only RDP connections from my office static ip address.

This was a simple task on the Netgear - can't see anywhere to do this on the Hub One? Looks like a port is either "open to everyone" or "closed" - is it possible at all or will I have to live with this?

2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Hub One question - port forwarding - only allow a specific ip address

Fix
I don't think it's possible. You might be able to achieve similar by setting up an inbound TCP rule using the Windows Firewall though.
https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/34709/enable-rdp-for-internal-network-only

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

vincentvega
Hooked

Re: Hub One question - port forwarding - only allow a specific ip address

Yes that was my next port of call, and I have set it up that way... works fine, thankyou.