Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One losing internet connection on 5Ghz WiFi only

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Hub One losing internet connection on 5Ghz WiFi only

Plusnet,

Can you please urgently roll back the firmware on my router as I requested a month ago when I started this thread.

I have just restarted my router for the 3rd time in 7 days due to it losing 5Ghz Wifi.

Your service is disgraceful & you show no respect at all for your paying customers. The multiple instances of this problem on these forums show that.

You never give us updates on this known problem and have done absolutely nothing towards giving me a stable service back. If I hadn't bothered wasting my time on this forum I would still be exactly where I am now.

Enough is enough.

You either don't want to deal with this or are simply incapable of fixing the problem which has been around for at least 7 months. 

Please roll back my firmware now. How much clearer can I make that simple request?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

@NigeBoy

Really sorry to hear that this still hasn't happened - we did request this for you via our Products team.

@bobpullen @Kelly - Is there any chance you can take a look at this as a priority please?

Thanks

Dave

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro

@RandallFlagg  Thanks for trying to raise this but another day and half gone & nothing.

@bobpullen Plusnet seem to talk about you like you are the one man band that runs this company. Looking back it does seem like you were involved in messing up the firmware release. You can't be bothered to sort it out or even respond in a month to me.

@Kelly You seem to be just another time wasting tactic brought in a month down the line who also can't be bothered to respond.

Can somebody please tell me what you are doing?

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi @NigeBoy.   This is on Bob's list to look at, I mention it to him today.  He may be able to rollback the firmware if we think that's the issue.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro

Like I said, timewasting tactic, and I had to chase it.

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro

It is the issue. Read the forums. How difficult is this?

@RandallFlagg said that but you couldn't even be bothered to read the previous post or anything before that.

stevewx
Grafter

@NigeBoy 

I joined around message #8, and shortly afterwards, I responded to the message and agreed to downgrade to test.  That happened.
You said you were happy for to wait for another failure - instead of downgrading.

I'm not going to read the rest again to see where it went wrong for you, but 'having a go', as it were.  I know it must be frustrating as hell, but have a go at the correct people, or just ask again.

For those interested.
I have no idea why it took Plusnet over 2 years to update my software and skip intermediate ones, but when they did 5Ghz WiFi went wonky. (27Mar and v ending in 263)

17Apr and down to ending in 237.2.2
Again, no idea what version and what changed, but 5GHz wifi has worked perfectly since.

Broadband has dropped once overnight due to something somebody tried to change remotely (perhaps successfully) on 6th May,  

But 5GHz has worked excepotionally well.

I'd still like to know why upgrade after over two years, as in why?
And what did Plusnet do this for?
Further, why downgrade me to an intermediate version?

OK, it works very well, but slightly random approach.  I test and commission railway signalling and there's no way I would go near this sort of testing.

But it works.

So @NigeBoy I did jump into your thread.  My devices work.  Just ask nicely - and ignore the frustration.  Perhaps it started to go wrong when you agreed to wait for the next failure when I had accepted the downgrade.

I'd buy you a pint if I bumped into you as it was me searching and you starting this thread that got my home sorted.

And if you have a sense of humour, I'm daily expecting to be upgraded again without my knowledge. to something that breaks something that is working with no explanation as to why I needed the update.

I'd not have a go, but plead to test the version of software I'm using.  No idea if the plea or software will work, but...   And then I don't know who to direct it to.

Cheers,

Steve

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro

@stevewx 

Thanks, I now realise that was my mistake but I have asked to be downgraded since. Yesterday was the most recent. I did want to try to help but now I am just paying money for nothing.

I'm sure it will get sorted now I have the A team on it.

Before replying to me @Kelly has last replied to a thread 2 weeks ago and apparently done 5 fixes in 12 years. Fantastic. 

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro

Just to confirm to Plusnet, posts 19, 24, 34, 50 and 55 also mention my request to roll back the firmware before I mentioned it again yesterday.

That sounds like a total of 7 times to me.

stevewx
Grafter

@NigeBoy 

"That sounds like a total of 7 times to me."

I'm not counting.  Do not disagree with you.
I feel a bit awkward I got fixed for searching and finding your original comments that described my own problem.

Good luck,

Steve.

p.s. And my surname is Kelly, but not the @Kelly 

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro

@RandallFlagg 

@Kelly

@bobpullen 

Any update please, another 24 hours gone & now it's the weekend! 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Really sorry that you haven't had a response to this yet, @NigeBoy.

I'll pick this up with our Products team for you on Monday. as a priority.

Thanks

Dave

MartinF
Hooked

Hi - just come over from the other thread.

After a PIN reset, the 5GHz worked, but started deteriorating.

After reading this thread (alongside the other) it seems clear the firmware is the issue.

Disappointing this issue wasn't picked up in testing before being foisted on customers.

So, found a second-hand BT HH6 for £15 and get a rock-solid signal.

Almost time to check out who to switch to before the contract runs out and get a price hike.

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro

@RandallFlagg 

Thanks, you said that on Wednesday lunchtime and look where it has got me! I'll be in the same position on Monday as I was then and exactly where I started off a month ago.

Absolutely disgraceful, dishonest and incompetent service. And that is just what caused the problem in the first place, your efforts to resolve it aren't even that good.

Award winning customer service GrinGrinGrinTicked_off

I look forward to chasing you for a worthless update on Monday.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @NigeBoy, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry that you feel this way.

When we need firmware changes we have to send a request off and then wait for the change to be pushed through - it isn't something that the Social Media Team are able to change directly - although we of course appreciate that the internal process isn't your problem.

If you need any further assistance whilst we await that change please let us know here.