Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One limitations and advice?

MrSoapsud
Dabbler

Hub One limitations and advice?

Hi,

We've just received a Hub One having been blessed with an FTTP connection (no chance for FTTC out here). First job was to replicate the setup I had on my old router and, although I've managed most of it, I'm still short of some things.

1. Firewall/port forwarding: I used to do a couple of port forwards from my work IP address to some services at home. It seems the H1 doesn't allow the incoming restriction so if I setup PF, it will forward from anywhere on the interweb. Not keen on that.

2. Change DNS servers: I previously used my NAS as a DNS server so I could do some tweaks and block stuff. It seems you can't change the DNS server address on a H1 either.

There's lots of nice stuff about the H1 but these limitations are a bit, well, limiting.

I've seen the huge list of alternatives suggested on "Kitz" but can anyone narrow down the list based on having done what I want to do? The other option might be to revert back to my old router I guess - a re-branded Huawei HG532? I can (allegedly) use one of the LAN ports on that for a connection to the ONT.

Thanks

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
MrSoapsud
Dabbler

Re: Hub One limitations and advice?

Anybody?

jonathan183
Hooked

do you get any closer to what you want from http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html

MrSoapsud
Dabbler

That sounded interesting but i get a 404 when i try it?

Martin

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

That link won't work on a Hub One, it's for a different Plusnet Router.
jonathan183
Hooked

@Browni wrote:
That link won't work on a Hub One, it's for a different Plusnet Router.

sorry ... my bad Embarrassed