Did you mean: 

Hub One firmware

FIXED
scottish1gunner
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hub One firmware

hi

can anyone help me with what the current plusnet hub one firmware should be mines is currently     

Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated Unknown

thanks in advance 

33 REPLIES 33
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Hub One firmware

That's the latest build that devices are shipping with.

We're in the middle of a deployment to a version ending .289.1.1 though.

If you message me with your account username and the serial number of your hub, then I can probably push the newer version to you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scottish1gunner
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

sent you a pm with the info

thanks 

MickM1

Hi could you help me with my hub one firmware running a chromebook and support tells me I am running old firmware which is causing issues running  4.7.5.1.83.8.263 which from what I can tell is old firmware

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@MickM1 - I've just pushed the latest firmware to your hub. You'll need to power it off/back on to apply the update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Hi,

I`m currently 2 months into connection issues so have been in contact with Plusnet a LOT. They have advised me to register on the community forums to ask for a router firmware update push as mine is`nt updating itself.

Would you please be able to help out with that ? Idk if the wifi issues have been fixed in the latest update but it would be nice to be able to make full use of my Hub One instead of having to turn certain things off and resetting every so often to keep it working half right.

I assume you`ll need my serial number too if you can do this for me ?

Thank you for doing what you do ! - Current Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated Unknown

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Deejsay1210, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having ongoing connection issues. I've put through the request to push the latest firmware version through to you and this should be actioned in the next 3-5 working days. I'd advise then resetting the router your side on Friday, Monday and Tuesday morning and with one of these you should see the firmware has updated in the router.
From here this hopefully resolves the connection issues you've been seeing. Should problems persist after then please get back in touch and we'll happily look into this further for you.

Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Ok, thankyou. Another question, how is the firmware pushed to the router ? I mean how does it get delivered ? I assume by some remote management ?

The reason I ask is because I`m always getting "Tr69 ceised" in my router logs, meaning (I assume) whenever my router is trying to recieve TR69 settings its not going through for some reason (I have confirmed my router serial No. is registered at Plusnet).

If the firmware is updated this way then I dont think it will work (although TR69 is an automated service and I`m getting a forced manual update).

Also is there any particular setting that needs to be turned on to enable a firmware push ? I assume the router firewall wont effect it ?

Thanks again !

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @Deejsay1210

Thanks a lot for getting back to us. It's something we'll be made aware of if our products team have not been able to push the firmware update through. Keep an eye out on the software version over the course of the week and let us know if it has not changed.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Will do, thanks 👍

Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Still no update yet.

Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Cant say I`m surprised that I STILL havent received that update, nothing seems to get done unless you nag for months.

Plusnet have gone from being a VERY reliable and reputable provider to making me SO angry and depressed that I literally cant handle the issues I`ve had over the last 2 and a half months any more. I am now looking for another provider.

If any staff member is curious as to whats triggered me so much please feel free to look into my tickets and account notes, you may need a week to read through it all though.

So much for that 12m piece of aluminium cable at the bottom of the street DEFINATELY being the cause of my poor speeds then eh ? (after throwing variuos other fixes my way and guessing your way through the various faults).

The whole street had a total loss of service for 2 days because I was told that the reason for my speed loss was this cable, turns out I`m receiving slower on a copper line than I was on aluminium ! I sould now be getting 25 Mbps aprox but no doubt I`ll get another several weeks worth of excuses, differing opinions, fixes and stress if I follow this up any further.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Deejsay1210

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

I can see we're still waiting for our products team to update the firmware in your router and they'll do it as soon as they can.

With regards to your speed, I can see we've raised this with Openreach's escalation team and they've emailed the patch manager to try to get a senior multiskilled engineer out on Wednesday AM. 

I appreciate the frustration but this isn't entirely within our gift to resolve but we're working with our suppliers. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Deejsay1210
Dabbler

Thanks for your response but I was told to get back intouch if I hadnt received the update that I`ve been asking for a while now (including via calls) by Tuesday. Today is Tuesday.

I was also told to RESET my router Friday, Monday and Tuesday which, given my issues with speeds etc, is not the best advice (confirmed by an advisor that I spoke to yesterday on the phone).

I cant keep resetting my router everyday in the hope that I have an update, its not good. Surely the router should restart itself anyway once an update is applied (sorry, IF an update is applied) ?