Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One firmware update now no 5ghz connection

FIXED
Mrg1981
Grafter

Re: Hub One firmware update now no 5ghz connection

@Gandalf with so many posts on this issue I'm amazed you guys have any time to spend fixing it over replying to posts!! 

So can you tell us how to request a firmware downgrade?

Mrg1981
Grafter

@DS Mine is version 263 and my 5GHz kept booting everything off due to authentication issues, with the log only saying the client had been "disassociated" giving no reason.

Then after turning off the "Smart wifi" channel hopping thing it went to a steady connection but no internet. Now I'm stuck to having all my "SMART" devices that can't be hard wired on one slow wifi channel. I do have as much as I can hard wired (PC, consoles, Hue, NAS, Media players).

My first wifi issue actually came about from my Chromecast!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Mrg1981 as you can probably imagine the customer support people myself included who reply over here aren’t generally the ones who are carrying out the investigation. Unfortunately as far as I’m aware we’re not downgrading firmware anymore unless it’s to help us investigate further. I’ve posted more information here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-losing-internet-connection-on-5Ghz-WiFi-only/m-p/167... about an hour ago. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mrg1981
Grafter

@Gandalf I've been reading and have replied to that thread, though my in depth reply to someone has gone missing. But I just want to slap some of them on that thread. If they ever had to do any testing on modern complex electronics I think their likkle heads would explode.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Mrg1981 

If you’ve added a reply to a thread and it’s disappeared it’s likely just been caught up in the automated spam filter which works in strange ways. I’ve asked the mods to check. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Mrg1981 it’s been released: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-losing-internet-connection-on-5Ghz-WiFi-only/m-p/167... Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet