Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One firmware not upgrading

adhodgson1

Hub One firmware not upgrading

Hi,

I have a Hub One at my parents with the following firmware:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2

This was last updated in July of 2017.  I am noticing that we have issues with bandwidth when we have several wireless devices connected and this is probably a location issue, but wanted to get the latest version to the device.  I factory reset the device as I didn't think any changes had been made to the system, and it came up fine with default settings, but I can't get the system to pick up the new firmware after a few days.  Is there any other way to force this through?

Thanks.

Andrew.alst upd 

17 REPLIES 17
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Hub One firmware not upgrading

Hi Adhodgson1 and welcome to the Community Forums.

I have checked into the account for you this side and given the router a nudge which hopefully will make it more prone to updates moving forwards. If you could please factory reset the router again and hopefully we should see a update pushed through over the next 48 hours or so. If you're still on the same firmware come Saturday morning please do let us know and we can look at a different approach in getting the router updated for you.

adhodgson1

Hi,

I reset the router to factory defaults at around 18:30 on Thursday evening and as of this morning the firmware hasn't upgraded.  I haven't made any configuration changes from default.

I am leaving here this afternoon so unless it can be done remotely probably best to leave this for now until I am back again.

What would cause the routers to not take the latest firmware offered?

Thanks.

Andrew.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @adhodgson1 

Thanks for letting us know, and apologies that the upgrade did not happen. 

I do not believe that the relevant people are in to action this today, unfortunately. 

Its a quick process, so I would suggest giving us a shout when you are back and we can raise this to our products team to action. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

DanWoodhouse
Dabbler

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem, same firmware last updated in 2017, help? Please Plusnet god's? 😭
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @DanWoodhouse,

I'm sorry to hear that your router is stuck on an older version of the firmware. I've updated the router details on your account - please factory reset the router via the reset pinhole on the back and allow 48 hours for the firmware to update. Please let us know if you're still on the same firmware version after the 48 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
NTO
Grafter

@MasterOfReality

It's a quick process?  

So why have I been waiting since before Christmas for the roll-back on my firmware?  

NTO
Grafter

Be careful what you wish for.  They have messed up the firmware and now I can't get a reliable 2.4Ghz signal.  I have had an open ticket since 13th Nov.  Gone through all the motions, answering the same questions over and over again.  Trying everything.  They keep blaming interference, despite nothing in the vicinity changing and me moving to sit almost in front of the router!  

I asked for my firmware to be rolled back before Christmas, but I am still waiting.  

I now believe that they don't want to roll mine back, because it would prove that there is indeed a problem with the dual signal firmware. 

You might be alright if all your devices use the same frequency. 

Customer service has been like wading through treacle and has cost me hours and hours of wasted time. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi NTO, I'm sorry that hasn't been done yet. It's not that we don't want to. 

I'll get this chased up with the right team here for you so we can get that pushed out ASAP. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NTO
Grafter

Hi @adamwalker  Thanks for reply. 

Could you please be honest with us / me and explain what the hold up is?  

and surely those who have been waiting for weeks should be prioritised?  

@MasterOfReality said it was a quick process, so hence my guess that a fault cover-up might be occurring.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We're just waiting for our products guys to pick the request up.

I've given them a nudge for you now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NTO
Grafter

@Gandalf  Thanks for that. 

So what on earth is the hold up? 

Maybe not so many staff in over xmas (as I asked before the hols) but I was expecting a bit of action on 2nd Jan.  

Feel very badly let down

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's in the queue for action still I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NTO
Grafter

@Gandalf  How long is this queue?  I've officially been in it since 27th Dec.  How much longer do we have to wait?  

@MasterOfReality  said it was a quick process in itself, so I am still none the wiser as to why it is taking such a painfully long time ... unless the products team are still putting their feet up from xmas eve onwards?  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like you're one of the oldest in the queue so from around then.

Unfortunately following the Christmas and New Year break, we're low on resource with regards to the people who have access to the relevant system to push a firmware update out.

Once again I do sincerely apologise for the delay but we'll sort this out as soon as we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet