Did you mean: 

Hub One buzzing/hissing noise.

FIXED
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Hub One buzzing/hissing noise.

Hi Mark, we dispatched the replacement router on 6/11/18 so that really should have reached you by now. I'm going to place another order now. Sorry for the delay and I hope this one reached you quickly. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Eagle

Hi,

We noticed over the past few days that our Hub has also developed a rather loud and distracting hissing noise - particularly when under heavy load.

Is it possible for us to have a replacement please?

Many thanks, 

Mark

MrMajority

Hi,

I was sent a replacement box a few weeks ago but the replacement box is still making a loud hissing and buzzing noise. Its ok when no traffic is going down the line but it particularly bad when streaming TV or downloading large amounts of content.

Iv had two boxes now, is there any reason why this is happening or a workaround?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Eagle,

I've taken a look into your account today and ordered a replacement router to be sent to you. Once you receive the replacement, please send the current router to our head offices as per the request of @bobpullen, earlier in this thread.

Hi @MrMajority,

I've reviewed your account and I can see that you have already discussed this issue with our Support Team, earlier this morning. A ticket has been raised on your account to reflect this, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MrMajority

Hi,
Based upon the number of people stating their hubs are making a hissing or buzzing noise on here there has to be a fault with them. I do not think it is a reasonable reply for a company to state that you have already had a second router so your not having another one either.
I have had broadband with Sky for years and their box never made a noise like this. I am happy to try something else if you can give me something to try.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @MrMajority

Could I ask whether you've already tried splitting out and/or disabling the 5ghz frequency on the router as per the instructions here?

Best wishes

Dave

MrMajority

Thank you for your help Dave.

I did not realise that was an option. I have followed your instructions and the noise has stopped. The speed is still very good. Do you recommend connecting to any particular frequency?

Ashley

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ashley,

Glad that has helped.

To be honest, in this day and age unless you're in a large property or using a lot of different devices, using the 2.4ghz frequency is just as effective as the 5ghz frequency. Leave it as it is and you'll be all set.

Best wishes

Dave

meeyax

Hi im new to plusnet my router is hissing what do i need to do to stop it please
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @meeyax

Welcome to the forums and to Plusnet.

I'd initially suggest following the advice on this thread to resolve the noise issue - if that doesn't work, let us know and we'll go from there.

Best wishes

Dave

meeyax

Hi Dave,

I did follow the advice and it's still made the noise and i want to be able to use the full capacity of my internet without the hissing seen as i pay for the service i should be able to use it fully with no problems.

Thanks.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @meeyax,

I have sent a replacement router which will be received within 3 - 5 working days. Please do not use the returns packaging as we need the equipment to get to the route cause of the issue. Instead, kindly send it to the address below and we would be happy to cover the cost of postage.

FAO: Bob Pullen
Plusnet
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
NotHarryPotter

Thanks guys,

got my new router and it was silent. how ever after a few days the issue starts to re-occur. it's slowly gets noisier when using 5ghz no matter the channel. it's not as loud yet as the old one yet but 5ghz performance is starting to drop the more I use it like the old router and it's getting louder by the day. Also bit disappointing that I was instructed to use the returns bag and now I can see a bill for postage on my account?

anyway. I have gone and bought a new router myself as I am not really interested in another one of these plus hubs. Clearly you guys have a batch of these things that are suffering coil/cap breakdown or something.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @NotHarryPotter, I'm sorry the issue came back with the new router.

The p&p charge will be for the new router that was sent, though you shouldn't have been charged this so I've credited it off the account for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Spencegovan
Fixes: 1

I’ve got 2 faulty ones here you can have. I’ve had 4 already and need another new one. They work for 2-3 weeks then develop the hissing sound and the speed halves. Any changes in the Ts&Cs coming up so i can get oit of my contract without a fight?