Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One buzzing/hissing noise.

FIXED
reggie83

Re: Hub One buzzing/hissing noise.

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue could you send replacement router for me please.

Florian

Hi,

I've received it, installed it, two weeks of silence then same problem. 😕

Florian

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @reggie83 I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same problem. I've sent you a replacement to try and it'll be with you within 3-5 working days.

@Florian, I'm sorry to hear that this problem has returned with your new router. Please can you try a factory reset via the pinhole on the back - please let us know if the issue persists after this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MrMajority

Hi,

Sorry for the reply but iv never really done forums and the like. Iv just come across to Plusnet from Sky, roughly 3 weeks of working fine. I noticed a wierd noise and its only having turned everything else off i have put it down to the router.

Its evident when i go to download, stream etc and the router is working. 

You should be able to tell when it arrived, it was brand new. Iv done the resettting thing a few times now but its not fixed it.

Appreciate some help.

Ashley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Ashley.

No worries, welcome to our community forums.

I've ordered a replacement now. Once you receive it could you return the old one as per these instructions so we can investigate further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phil_H

Hi

I have also noticed that over the last couple of months a static/fizzing kind of noise coming from my router, particularly when its actively transmitting video to my TV.  I also feel the broadband wireless signal around my house isn't as good as it used to be. Can I get the router replaced too, please?

Thanks

Phil.

Florian

Hi,

I've tried everything. Nothing worked so far.

The router has to be in my room as it the only BT Socket available.

Are you planning to make an upgrade? Otherwise I will think about changing my internet provider

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Phil_H, I am sorry to hear of the issues you have been having. I have had a look into the account and provided a further response here.

I'm sorry the issue has come back with the new one @Florian, I have provided more information on the account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ericwbriggs

Hi
I am also experiencing those hissing/buzzing sound from the router.
Is it possible to have a replacement router sent please?
Thank you

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @ericwbriggs,

I've done that for you.

Once you've received the new one could you please follow the instructions here to return the old one for testing. Once sent back if you raise a ticket on your account here and attach a copy of the charges for the postage you paid we'll credit it back to your bill.

Thanks

rendermark

Hi PlusNet representative. Unfortunately I am facing the same problem. The router is in the living room and the hissing sound is becoming quite unpleasant as it can be heard. Could you please offer a solution? Probably a replacement router? I am happy to return the one thats making the hiss noise. Hope to hear from you soon.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @rendermark,

I'm sorry that you're also experiencing this issue and for any inconvenience caused.

I've ordered you a new router now and it'll be with you within 3-5 working days. Once you've received the new router, please can you follow the instructions from @JOLO's post to send this to us for testing?

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
NotHarryPotter

Hi Guys,

My Hub one is also suffering from this "white noise" while its under any load through the WiFi. it cripples 5ghz performance and halves 2.4ghz speed. Using Ethernet is perfect with no noise but not ideal for things like my FireTv or my phones. sounds to me like coil whine/cap whine. Is it possible to get a replacement as it's rendered the unit all but useless for anything but wired connections.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @NotHarryPotter,

Thanks for your post.

I've ordered you a replacement router which should be with you within the next 5 working days.

Please pop the old one in the prepaid returns bag, so that we can check it out when it comes back to us.

Let us know how you get on and please don't hesitate to drop us another post if you need any further assistance.

rendermark

hi please can you update me when my new router was posted as i am geeting concerned it hasnt arrived and possibly lost in the post

regards

mark render