Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One and Tenda MW3 Mesh Problems

ford306

Hub One and Tenda MW3 Mesh Problems

Hi All,

Hoping somebody can help!

I have a Hub One, with wifi turned off, This is connected to a Tenda Nova MW3 mesh network of 6 nodes. The tenda is set to bridge mode to use the DHCP server in the router. It works fine when it's working, it worked fine like this with my old isp (vodafone) for years too, however, several times a day I get problems. It starts with my laptop giving me a DNS error, so I look at my master node and the green light is flashing, this is then followed by a red light, which signifies a configuration problem, I wait for about 5 minutes and the normal steady green light returns and all is back to normal. As I said, this happens multiple times a day. I'm pretty sure its not a setting problem, does anyone have any ideas? I wonder if the dhcp server in the router is resetting or something, I'm thinking of buying a decent router to replace this plusnet one, if this is the solution can anyone recommend a decent one? I don't need wifi performance from it as I use the mesh.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Hub One and Tenda MW3 Mesh Problems

Deleted. After reading the Tenda blurb I don't know if it will work with a Modem/ router in place of what they call a modem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ford306

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure what you mean though? I can use the mesh as a DHCP server, but I know its not possible to use the Hub One without, so By placing the tenda in Bridge mode it uses the DHCP server in the router and basically makes the tenda mesh an AP, This worked with my vodafone router fine. It's only since swapping to plusnet, and thus a new router that I've had these problems!

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hi @ford306 

I can use the mesh as a DHCP server, but I know its not possible to use the Hub One without,

Not sure why you think this, I have turned off the DHCP server on my Hub One with no issues, you just need to make sure the active DHCP server issues the IP address of the Hub One as the default gateway IP address.

If you do decide to replace the Hub One make sure you buy a device which has a built in modem, not just a router.

Dan.