cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One advanced config - Bridge Mode / PPPoE offload / Auto config (ACS)

FIXED
Yorkshirekev99
Dabbler

Hub One advanced config - Bridge Mode / PPPoE offload / Auto config (ACS)

Hi folks

I've seen a lot of topics about gaining access to advanced config options on the Hub One, but no real solutions and a lot of misunderstanding, especially wrt what Bridge Mode is.

1) What is the Sagemcom product number for the Hub One? Is there a proper manual available?

2) Does anyone know of an "advanced config" page, along the lines of expert_user.html on the Hub Zero?

3) Does anyone know how to disable remote auto configuration (aka ACS - the  ability for Plusnet to push / change the router config remotely)?

4) The big one - how to enable Bridge / Transparent / Modem Mode? To be clear, I don't want to just create a new subnet behind a second router. I need to place the Hub One in a "modem only mode", where it does not route, but just terminates the VDSL service but doesn't perform PPPoE authentication. I need the public IP address, username and password to be on a separate firewall behind the Hub One because I don't want dual NAT, and want my existing firewall to have full visibility and control (so "set up another IP range..." is not the answer I need)

I suspect the answer to all of the above will come from having access to an advanced user / expert mode.

TIA

15 REPLIES 15
Yorkshirekev99
Dabbler

Re: Hub One advanced config - Bridge Mode / PPPoE offload / Auto config (ACS)

Sorry, I forgot to ask can anyone help, please? 😀

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Fix

I don't think the Hub 1 can be configured in modem only (bridge) mode. What you need is a HG612 modem that Openreach used to supply, available on a well known auction site. Also by flashing with modified firmware can give full linestats and most functions can be configured including disabling ACS.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

or if you can't get an HG612 for a reasonable price then get one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5728882

It can be configured very easily for bridge mode, and works really well. According to kthe kitz review http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/tplink_TD-W9970_review.htm it has a pretty good modem. I use one in front of my Draytek 2830 and we've also used one in the office in front of our Smoothwall system.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Yorkshirekev99
Dabbler

Excellent, thanks. Fingers crossed 👍

Huawei though... 🤔🙄

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Yorkshirekev99 wrote: (snipped) 3) Does anyone know how to disable remote auto configuration (aka ACS - the  ability for Plusnet to push / change the router config remotely)?

You can turn off TR-069 (remote management/config) by logging in and selecting disable - here

Posted purely for future readers - If the Plusnet supplied router is already in use, it would revert back to default BB username (setup@....) and your speed would drop, though manually adding your username@.... and password will restore the speed.

I have been using my PNH1 for several weeks with this disabled.

Note to PN: The link above then gives another link - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/tr69faq.shtml - but this goes to a 'our pages have moved'. You may wish to correct that....?

Yorkshirekev99
Dabbler

Thanks DS, that's very good to know 👍

Yorkshirekev99
Dabbler

Thanks all, got a good priced 612 modem 😀 Working on ADSL 2+ and just waiting for VDSL to be enabled... They run pretty hot don't they?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You could always just plug your own router WAN port into a LAN port of the Hub One, depending on the model of yours, a change of IP range may be required on one of them.

Much will depend on what it is you are trying to do?

Yorkshirekev99
Dabbler

Thanks Mustrum, but that's not putting it into bridge mode - it's routing, and causes double NAT, which causes more problems than it's worth. My background's network security, so I was specifically looking for pure DSL modem functionality. The problem has been solved - short answer is you can't, so I bought something else Wink Thanks for your input though.

maxr1

Hi there,
I used to use TP-Link TL-ER604W ....... it can act as a VPN server and when I am abroad I can watch IPlayer.
Do you know of any other, more up to date, router that can do the same?

Thank you in advance.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Yorkshirekev99 wrote:

They run pretty hot don't they?

Which model do you have? The favoured one is 3B, which can run warm, the earlier ones were reported to get very hot..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

maxr1

It is  TP-Link TL-ER604W   with Hardware V.2 ......... Do you know of any other ones that can do the same preferably with a Modem too. Thanks.M

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@maxr1

Welcome to the forum.

You seem to be asking a question unrelated to this topic. Can I suggest that you start your own thread by going to the top of the page and clicking the box labelled 'Start a Topic'..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

maxr1

Hi,
Sorry for the hassel & thank you for your reply.
I looked for  'Start a Topic'..can't find it.
Regards,
m