cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - Wake On Lan - deliberately blocked by plusnet.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Hub One - Wake On Lan - deliberately blocked by plusnet.

I'm trying to setup the Hub One to use Wake On Lan remotely via the interweb.

I've added the game / application as udp port 9.

Now I'm trying to set the WOL entry to 192.168.1.255 - to broadcast the udp packet over the network.

Helpfully the HubOne is refusing to accept this IP address saying:

screenshot-935

screenshot-936

In other words because the router has never seen a device with that IP on the network, it's throwing a hissy fit. This is not on - i shouldn't need to be told what I can and cannot add - I am a BIG BOY and if i want to add that IP address as a port forwarding rule, plusnet should not be preaching to me that i can not do so @bobpullen. I do not need your permission to allow incoming traffic. If you're that miffed that there is no intelligence to be gathered by your router and sent back (ip, mac, vendor name etc) then that's a BT policy problem. I expect you to explain why you are refusing me permission.

Suppose I'm about to add a new server onto the network - have i really got to have it plugged in and allow your device to san / probe it before you'll allow me to setup the rule? - That's pathetic. I DO NOT NEED YOUR PERMISSION. Stop filtering the IPs you'll accept and allow me to input whatever I damn well want.

Anyone else got any ideas? - would be REALLY handy if the latest firmware supported this (especially as the router seems to have loads of other ports left open when i recently scanned it - not happy about that)

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Hub One - Wake On Lan - deliberately blocked by plusnet.

There are enough issues with the firmware already. There's no point in getting hot under the collar about the lack of features. These are not likely to be enhanced on this obsolete bit of kit. Instead you would be better off getting your own third party router.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Baldrick1 

If you think there are issues with the firmware could you please fill out the relevant questionnaire to help Plusnet investigate these issues.

They don't seem to be aware of any issues.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Why me, I don't even use a Plusnet router. I was more than happy to buy a Business Smarthub 6 for under £20. This does everything I need.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Linky?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
raykf

This is not a bug, you have a /24 class C network, two addresses are reserved for network use and may not be used for discrete device definitions:

192.168.1.0 = Network address

192.168.1.255 = Broadcast address (all devices)