Did you mean: 

Hub One USB Port Issue

FIXED
gmcgough600
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hub One USB Port Issue

Hi,

Looking for some assistance, I've managed to get an old 8 GB USB stick to work with my Sonos speaker system by plugging it into the router (Hub One) and accessing it in the Sonos app at \\192.168.1.254\usb4. I recently bought a 128 GB USB stick to have access to more music but when I plug this in it won't work. Is there a maximum size for the USB stick? I've tried formatting it as exFAT, NTFS and FAT32 (which I think is the same as the 8 GB stick) and none are working! Very frustrated and not sure what to try next, hope someone can help.

Thanks

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Hub One USB Port Issue

@gmcgough600 

I have read that the limit is 2TB. Did you delete the old USB from your Sonos before plugging in the new one? I would be tempted to do a factory reset  on the Sonos and, if required, the router and set it up from scratch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gmcgough600
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

Thanks for your reply @Baldrick1, I almost got to the point of resetting the Sonos but found that the issue was definitely with the router (as Windows 10 laptop also could connect when 8 GB stick was inserted but not the 128 GB one). I had to enable SMB1 on Windows to test this (note that this is a security risk and this is why SMB1 is not enabled by default).

The problem is now fixed as I eventually realised that the router appears to generate a new name (usb4, usb5, usb6, etc) each time a new USB stick is inserted. I got to usb9 before realising this! 😫

The only way I've found of figuring out the correct name (other than just trying usb1, usb2, etc until one works) is to try and open one in Windows 10 then when the 'Network Error' pop-up appears hit 'Diagnose' and it will say something like 'usb4' can't be found and will suggest a similar name that it did find, in my case it suggested 'usb5' and this worked😁

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@gmcgough600 wrote:

I had to enable SMB1 on Windows to test this (note that this is a security risk and this is why SMB1 is not enabled by default).

The reason that it is not enabled by default is that the world has moved on to SMB 2.2. It appears that the Hub One firmware is still using SMB1.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'