Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One SNR degredation

VinceMarsters
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hub One SNR degredation

I appear to be a jinx to routers....

Seems like my Hub One has a few little issues - the largest being that the downstream SNR degrades over 24-48 hours from 6-6.5dB to around 4dB. Unfortunately for me, once it gets here I start to see issues with actual browsing and using the internet and have been rebooting the router to fix. 20 days ago I decided to put my old BT SmartHub 6 back in and reconfigure it to my PB settings. So far it has been up for 20 days and the SNR has been 6.2-6.4dB with a better speedtest throughput too.

Briefly I also tried a Draytek 2862AC for about 5 days. This was the worst router I have ever had the misfortune to use as it rebooted whenever any load was placed on the wifi. All Draytek could offer was to install the latest firmware (it already was) so this went back to Amazon a week later.

Would anyone have any other suggestions to routers - must offer at least AC wifi and be capable of handling around 30-40 connections (mainly things like IOT devices, so not heavy utilisation) along with supporting Plusnet TV?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Hub One SNR degredation

If the smarthub 6 works OK then what's rhe problem?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

VinceMarsters
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Mainly trying to do anything on it due to the locked down firmware. I have a NAS that insists on opening ports using UPNP despite it being disabled in the configuration of the NAS. BT in the wisdom have made UPNP port mappings undeletable and give little options other than to block full internet access to the NAS. Also the firmware is so slow - it takes 15 minutes to get into the webgui if it is rebooted and often takes 10-15 seconds to load different pages.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@VinceMarsters, there's a more recent version of the Hub one firmware that might help. Happy for you to give it a go if you ever fancy re-instating the device.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵