Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One, RouterStats HH5a Program Issue

FIXED
tiffy
Rising Star

Hub One, RouterStats HH5a Program Issue

Having recently converted from ADSL2+ to FTTC I initially used the supplied Hub One running RouterStats dedicated HH5a monitoring program, worked perfectly on my desktop PC (Win. 8.1 64b.) but results were somewhat limited as expected due to the chip set used in the HH5a.

I have moved on to a unlocked Huawei HG612 modem and my old Netgear DGND3700v2 router combination using DSLStats to obtain more comprehensive stat's, have also improved my DS synch. speed, I am connected to a Huawei cabinet.

I have moved the Hub One on to my daughter, an established PN fibre customer on the same exchange, she was having instability issues using a HG612 / Netgear WRN1000 combination, the Hub One has produced a considerable improvement on her line to date, she obviously does not have a great requirement for detailed stat's analysis, as long as everything works she is happy.

The only issue I have and the reason for this post is, I can not get the RouterStats dedicated HH5a program to run on this setup, it's not an IP address issue, can log into the router via any browser from the desktop PC using the default IP address, can also log in from within the RouterStats program and see the basic setup pages, however, the monitor won't run, the start button is permanantly greyed out.
The desktop PC is running Win. 7 Premium 64b., I have also tried running the program on my old laptop (Win. XP) but get the exact same results.

Any suggestions appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Hub One, RouterStats HH5a Program Issue

Fix

Hi,

A late reply - but I don't pop in here that often these days.

If you are using vwlowen Router Stats  then after the initial attempt to run the program, go the the "RouterStatsHub5A" folder and open RouterStatsHub5A.ini in a text editor and changed the "active_page" to 9143.

Save the file and then reopen the RouterStatsHub5A program and away you go Thumbs_Up

Cheers

Bill

tiffy
Rising Star

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
I have been away from home for over a week, just back today so not tried any further solutions since the posting.

Not in a position to try your suggestion just now, the PN Hub One is in service on my daughter's installation will try tomorrow, as reported earlier, I am now running a HG612 modem with DSLStats on my line.
I have noted that on my PC which still has the old HH5a program installed that the .ini file lists "active_page" 9141 not 9143 even though the program worked perfectly on my PC when I was running the HH5a ?
I though that "active_page" 9143 was updated via the program configuration as per the additional instructions supplied with the program notes ?

I will certainly give your suggestion a shot and report the results,

Regards,

Tiffy

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The active page is version dependant and can be changed in the program itself by clicking Advanced+ in the Advanced tab as you have found out.

The config file on my PC has the 9143 page and the router version ended in .226 (pretty sure of the version)
tiffy
Rising Star

Thanks again to both for replies.

Yes, changing the stat's reference page from 9141 to 9143 has solved the problem, now collecting data, as already mentioned, this can be changed via the program "Advanced+" menu or directly text edit'ed in the .ini file.

The additional help notes on the RouterStats web site does advise using page 9143 so I'am not quite sure why I was using page 9141 previously which worked, could well be as Browni suggested that it changes with firmware version, on the other hand I may just have got my numbers muddled, an age thing !

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @billbo as per message #2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still