Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Router problems with Wifi

garywood84
Rising Star

Re: Hub One Router problems with Wifi

Thanks Bob.

@bobpullen wrote:

You can send your router back to me but it wouldn't help. I've access to all firmware iterations, and despite my best efforts, I'm unable to replicate the problem myself.

Could it be that older routers (I've had mine for a while) have different internal hardware and that's creating an incompatibility? This is why I thought having access to a router that you know has definitely exhibited the problem could be helpful.

@bobpullen wrote:

Drop me a private message if you want to discuss in more detail, however I'm not 100% we talking about the same problem, given your comment about the 2.4GHz radio being affected too.

Thank you. I'll send you a PM. After further testing, I don't think the 2.4Ghz radio is affected, contrary to what I first thought. When the problem happens, if I log in to the router's control panel and turn off 5Ghz wireless, then my devices immediately connect to 2.4Ghz wifi and then they work -- without my having to reboot anything. If I then turn the 5Ghz wifi back on, and force a wifi reconnect on the clients, the connection fails again. So, I'm confident that the issues is simply with the 5Ghz network.

garywood84
Rising Star

Any update on this @bobpullen? I've send you a DM with further details, as requested.

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@garywood84

Which bit about hundreds of us complaining for 8 months but nothing has progressed doesn't explain the situation?
garywood84
Rising Star

@NigeBoy 

What situation? Bob Pullen asked me to send him a DM, and so I trust that he'll get back to me. He's a reasonable person - I've dealt with him before and I know he's helpful and hope, given what I've read in other threads, and his response to my posts here, that he'll help downgrade the firmware, which should fix the problem.