cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Router assigns Address as 192.168.1.81 - no internet until factory reset

chunkywizard
Hooked

Hub One Router assigns Address as 192.168.1.81 - no internet until factory reset

over the last couple of days my router has been playing up. I would lose all wifi connections to the router and checking the router address in the Wifi connection properties it would say the address was 192.168.1.81 instead of 192.168.1.254. I can get the Wifi back up and running by factory resetting the router but if I change the SSID/password then I lose the Wifi connections with the same fault.

any idea what is going on and how I can configure my router back to the settings I want?

im on firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

CW

4 REPLIES 4
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Hub One Router assigns Address as 192.168.1.81 - no internet until factory reset

Hi @chunkywizard,

I'm sorry to hear that your router is dropping your wireless connections whenever you change the SSID or password and that you have to factory reset it before things will reconnect.

This is quite an unusual problem. If you've not done so already, I'd recommend that you run through the following steps to split the wireless bands to see if this resolves the problem:

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'. What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

Please let us know if this doesn't resolve the problem and we'll look into sending you a new router to try.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
chunkywizard
Hooked

Re: Hub One Router assigns Address as 192.168.1.81 - no internet until factory reset

Hi Emily

thanks for the response. I tried what you suggested and something really isn’t right. It didn’t have the same affect as before, but now I get the 2.4Ghz 'working' and the 5GHz coming and going. (It appears the in network list occasionally, but then disappears again). When connected to 2.4GHz I seem to get periods when the internet traffic pauses and get messages like 'Safari can’t open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server'. The only change made after the factory reset is the one you suggested. 

how do I go about getting a new router to try?

CW

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @chunkywizard

I've popped a router into the post for you - please let us know how you get on when it arrives.

Best wishes

Dave

chunkywizard
Hooked

That’s great, thanks

CW