cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Router/IPv6 Issue

jjandellis

Hub One Router/IPv6 Issue

Hi, my first post!

I have a Hub One Router and have not really had any issues until now.  I find the router very simple to use.

Over the last few days my kids have started experiencing some connectivity issues whilst using their Xbox One's.  I believe this issue is being caused by their Xbox being placed on the 2.4 ghz network by my router.

I have tried going into the router to prioritise their Xbox's/force them onto the 5 ghz network - but with no luck.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

2 REPLIES 2
jjandellis

Re: Hub One Router/IPv6 Issue

Its ok I resolved it myself, by finding something on the BT Hub page!!!!:

You can try fixing wireless problems by turning off Smart Wireless and splitting the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. To do this:

1. Go into your advanced settings on the HH5 and select the wireless tab.

2. Then select the 5GHz tab and select NO to "Sync with 2.4 GHz:".

3. Then choose a new SSID by adding "5" to the existing one, so you can tell the difference between 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

4. While you're there change "Channel selection:" from "Smart wireless" to the current channel.

5. Then press the "Apply" button.

6. Then choose the 2.4GHz tab and change "Channel selection:" from "Smart wireless" to the current channel on 2.4GHz.

7. Then press the "Apply" button again.

Now on your devices you can select which SSID (which band, 2.4GHz or 5GHz) to connect to.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Hub One Router/IPv6 Issue

You have IPv6 in your topic title - you do know Plusnet don't support this and in spite of frequent queries have given no indication of when (or even if) it will be supported.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)