cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Port Forwarding

roymaddison

Hub One Port Forwarding

Setting up my ipcamera which has previously operated fine on my network (new hub now)

Set up port forwarding as normal, added camera using name and IP address (tried both) and no joy. Opened firewall and still no joy. Open port check tool shows 'Connection refused' using port 80 it times out. 

I've got a ddns service and tried that address but no joy (as you would expect given the above)

Can't see what I'm doing wrong if anything but I need to sort this out! Any suggestions welcome. Just come back to plusnet and don't want to have to change again!!

5 REPLIES 5
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Hub One Port Forwarding

By firewall, do you mean disabling (or limiting) https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall

I don't know what the default is as I've disabled it totally for me - but this only affects internet traffic anyway, not local traffic.

Why are you using port 80 - unless you are running a web server?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

roymaddison

The firewall can be disabled under advanced settings which should allow all traffic through - tried it and it didn't make a difference so went back to default. I used port 80 only to check with open port check as, as I recall, this one should be open. I've used a few different ports to try with the webcam  without success. None of the ones I've used are ones I would consider 'pre allocated'

Thanks

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Is anything listening on your chosen port?

You can't just allocate the camera to send to port X if no program is listening on port X.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

roymaddison

I've set the port I used to both the camera name (as used in the port forwarding menu)  and the internal ip address of the camera. Is this not correct?

DASB

I have just set up several IP cameras and have resolved how to set up port forwarding for access from outside home.  It took some trial and error, so hopefully this guide will avoid so much pain for you.

I can now access all the cameras from my phone over 3G/4G.

Plus Net - Hub One Router - How to set up port forwarding for IP Cameras
First allocate each camera with its own static IP address and port number on the camera.
Also make sure that your camera is referring to your router as the default gateway.

Access the Router on 192.168.1.254 (default address)
Select: > Advanced Settings > log-in and 'continue to Advanced Settings'
Select:
> Firewall > Port Forwarding > 'Manage Games & Applications' > 'Add new game or application'
Enter as follows:
> Game/application name: Camera_2720 (or what name you choose, here I use the port number set on the camera, makes it easier to find later)
> Copy Existing game/application: select 'No'
> Protocol: 'Any'
> Port range: 2720 - 2720 (this example is the port number for one camera, no need to enter 'Translate To'. Each camera must have a different port no.)
Select 'Add' (only add one camera at a time!)
Select 'Apply'
You should then see your camera(s) in a list.
Repeat to add any further cameras.

Then go back by selecting :
> Port Forwarding
Then on the two dropdown lists:
> Game or application: (select Camera_2720, which should now appear in the list)
> Device: select 'User Defined IP Address' then enter the IP address that you have previously allocated on the camera (using the camera software, for example, I used: 192.168.1.244)
> 'Add'
Repeat to add other cameras
Your cameras will then appear in a list with Application: Camera_2720 Device: 192.168.244

Cameras can then be accessed using your external IP address followed by the port no. (for example: 80.xxx.xxx.xx:2720).  

I use 'LiveCamsPro' app on the iPhone/iPad and can use the external address anywhere, including at home.

DASB