Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Port Forwarding

FIXED
noodlesuk
Fixes: 1

Hub One Port Forwarding

Hi

Can't see a soultion in the various posts on this issue. I am trying to setup port forwarding to some static devices on my network. I can only seem to get port 80 to open. If I set a port forward rule for HTTPS (443), it doesn't work. If I try custom rules for other ports, they also fail. Is there a work around? Log shows

IN: ACCEPT [57] Connection closed (Port Forwarding: TCP [192.168.1.51]:443 <-​-​> [31.185.39.xxx]:443 -​ -​ -​ [31.185.39.xxx]:1031 CLOSED/SYN_SENT 
4 REPLIES 4
noodlesuk

Re: Hub One Port Forwarding

Fix
It seems that the router didn't like using the device names/Mac (from the drop down menu) when port forwarding. Specifying an IP for all devices in the port forwarding menu, seems to make it work!
fiskerton

HI

The Port forwarding menu dropdown list ( select a game or application) does not seem to have the facility to put in a specific port/IP address to forward from the outside world, only the games & HTTP etc that are listed. Do I need new firmware for my Hub1?.  Thanks

noodlesuk

Hi

If you go into Advanced Settings > Firewall > Port Forwarding , you should be able to input any internal IP you want to forward to. If you want to add a custom port, i.e one not in the drop down list, click the Manage Games & Applications button, at the bottom of the same screen.

Cheers
chrizk
Dabbler

Thank you so much. This has been driving me crazy, trying to access my linux based box. I have been thinking the whole time it is something to do with linux, as port forwarding is "so simple". I eventually thought it might be the router, and came to the conclusion I was right, as there were no entries in Troubleshooting-Event Log-Category/Port Forwarding.
Changing from Device Name to User Defined IP Address under Advanced-Firewall-Port Forwarding, has worked.
NB it appears once you have selected a user defined address, you can no longer switch to a 'name'.
Although I am now successfully redirecting to my linux box, Event Log-Port Forwarding is still blank, so it looks like the 'whole' solution is very poorly implemented.