Hub One Firmware Updates

FIXED
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Hub One Firmware Updates

Hi @GrayHair, thanks for your post.

The short answer is no, however, if the time comes when you do actually need to use it, it should auto update to the latest firmware as soon as it's plugged in.

Please don't hesitate to drop us another post if you need any further assistance - we're only a click away.

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@bobpullen - thanks for updating my Hub One's firmware in the wee small hours of this morning when I was fast asleep !!!

I'm rather intrigued that the router reports 'Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 11/04/17...'  As a matter of interest where does the router get it's time/date information from ?  At least it got the month right !!! Smiley

Thanks again Bob

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

My Hub-One  has updated to the latest firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.263  even though i didn't request it, I'm not complaining all is well so far, just curious is this a general roll-out if so what does it offer / fix that the previous one didn't, anything i should be on the lookout for.   

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

The date can be ignored....

I found this too, and Bob answered. A factory reset of the router can screw up the date the newest firmware is installed.

It shouldn't pose a problem. Though yours oddly has gone back too far, not seen one dated 2017 yet, well I have now!!

Edit. Having forum issues. This reply was aimed at @PNnewbie 

DS
Seasoned Champion

@Terranova667 The software update was due to end on the 2nd week of last month, so nothing new there!!

When did yours update?

Yes, it started on a manual basis, then moved onto autosometimesmatically

If you were on version ending 259, this one had an issue with certain devices, mainly Apple gear. 263 fixed that issue.

Erm, anything to look out for, well, hmm, I'll say no more as some have issues and some do not. I didKnuppel (on two different hub ones).

PNnewbie
Rising Star

DS - thanks for that...

>>  The date can be ignored....I found this too, and Bob answered. A factory reset of the router can screw up the date the newest firmware is installed.  It shouldn't pose a problem. Though yours oddly has gone back too far, not seen one dated 2017 yet, well I have now!! <<

I wasn't too concerned and as I said earlier it DID get the month right !!!

Thanks again.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

@DS 

Another one for your records

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 19/07/17

Date has not changed from the previous versions updates.

PNnewbie
Rising Star

@mort7890    ' Another one for your records

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 19/07/17

Date has not changed from the previous versions updates'

Oh that's a nice one - my birthday !!! - well the 19/07 at least...

DS
Seasoned Champion

@mort7890 I fear I'm peeing in the wind, well was anyway.

Others out there may also start to feel a bit of dampness to their lower legs too?

Some others come on these thriving forums and upon first glance their issues seem the same, though some turn out not to be the same. It's finding the 'twin(s)' that's the hard part.

But, by all means, stick a post over here, answering the Q's if you want.

I did have issues, some with 259, more with 263.

I don't now, but not using either of my PNH1's, hmm, stop using and issues 'go away'.....?

I just don't get it. My routers (2 off) running 253, with my gear and apart from WiFi registration failed on 259 for one maybe two devices, this also was showing on 263. But 263 gave me many many many more issues.

edit. I've been told not to worry about the date, this came from BobP

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@DS wrote:

@Terranova667 The software update was due to end on the 2nd week of last month, so nothing new there!!

When did yours update?

Yes, it started on a manual basis, then moved onto autosometimesmatically

If you were on version ending 259, this one had an issue with certain devices, mainly Apple gear. 263 fixed that issue.

Erm, anything to look out for, well, hmm, I'll say no more as some have issues and some do not. I didKnuppel (on two different hub ones).

It updated on the 30th, i didn't have any problems with the previous firmware i had on it and this one is fine so far, just glad nothing gott messed up. 

DS
Seasoned Champion

It updated on the 30th, i didn't have any problems with the previous firmware i had on it and this one is fine so far, just glad nothing gott messed up.

Glad to hear you didn't before or after the update Wink

(though the idiot typing this reply has just downgraded his perfectly working BTH6 for a PNH1 to do some testing for PN):crazy2: