Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Firmware Updates

FIXED
david12344321
Dabbler

Re: Hub One Firmware Updates

my 4 chromecast audios and 4 chromecast 2's are now playing nice with my plusnet hub one router. a whole week of trouble shooting, no internet (had to use old netgear router to get a connection) and head scratching are over.

google please please dont change preview firmware 1.22.77272 again.
if it's not broke don't fix it lol

i hope bt home hub 5 owners are up and running as well 🙂
jackhouse

Hi - I have a Hub One since I upgraded to fibre a while back. I've had nothing but problems. Current position is my pc will connect but any other devices don't connect reliably. Even my TV which connects via lan and worked fine pre upgrade will no longer connect.
I've raised a few calls with plusnet support but got nowhere - have tried suggested fixes eg changing channel etc.
I've seen that a firmware upgrade has fixed similar issues - could this be a solution? Really need some help...
TerryJC
Hooked

Have a look at this post: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-Firmware-Updates/m-p/1336992#M313 and check to see when the last update has been done.

Unfortunately, we, (the users) don't seem to be able to apply firmware updates directly, but they are being done.  I checked about a week ago and there had been an update applied in September.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Learnedb

Well, I've had a hub one since I joined in November 2015 and the firmware shows a date in 2009.  Since I have my router dropping the internet connection when I try to upload files to my company's server, I'm trying to explore all possible fixes.

marksandler
Dabbler

Hi,

I've been sent here by an online chat agent.  My Hub One fiber router is disconnecting momentarily when trying to upload files to the cloud (in this case an 84mb mp3 file).  He said that the firmware needs updating.  Please advise me as to how I go about this please.

Thank you

Mark

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Mark, I am sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband.

This is something that we're aware of, more information can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
marksandler
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply....I don't think I'm any the wiser other than there's a fix on the way?  In the interim, is there a temporary fix that could be applied to my hub and if so, how would I go about receiving it?

Thanks again

Mark

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@marksandler If you go to the thread that @Gandalf highlighted, and ask bobpollen to make the change to your router.

marksandler
Dabbler

Thanks @Mustrum Smiley

familysimms

Hi,

Please can you update our router, the connection keeps dropping and I been told by your customer service that you need to push the new software to my router.  I work from home and it is becoming very difficult to work, so I would appreciate it if this could be done as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've requested that's done for you and the update should be pushed to your router in the next 72 hours.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
marksandler
Dabbler

Hello Chris,

I wonder if you can help me too please?  Supposedly a firmware update was sent to my fiber router some months ago, and although the unit isn't dropping out as often when uploading audio files to Google Drive (D/L is fine), it's still dropping out on occasion and takes a couple of attempts before the file has been successfully sent.  Any chance of pushing the upgrade again or any other solution you have to offer please?

Thanks

Mark

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Mark, if the connection isn't dropping on uploads but is just dropping randomly this sounds more like a line fault. I'd advise getting a new thread open for support on this as it sounds unrelated to the rest of this thread.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@familysimms, I've pushed a firmware update to your device that should have fixed the problem.

@marksandler, It looks like an attempt was made to push an config change to your router back in May but it failed because there was an issue trying to communicate with your router. I'm having the same problems now trying to push the firmware update to you. I assume the router is powered up and you're currently online?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

marksandler
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
The connection is only dropping out when uploading. I'm usually only successful in completing a full upload once in every 5 or 6 times of trying without the connection dropping and the hub changing to orange status. Downloading is fine.

Thanks
Mark.