Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Firmware - Possible Issues?

FIXED
degoop
Hooked

Hub One Firmware - Possible Issues?

I am experiencing various issues I consider are problems with my Plusnet Hub One, Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 but thought I would ask the community if my thoughts seem valid.

Specifically, I’m not seeing all the devices on my network (on the Home Network / Device tab, many are normally missing).  I used DHCP until the issues started, but it has now forced me to use static IP addresses and put in specific rules to forward ports to the IP addresses of devices rather than names.  Specifically my main PC used as a server when gaming with friends and my QNAP NAS when trying to use media outside my home network.

I also intermittently suffer from total unresponsiveness and time out of web pages including the Plusnet Hub One interface (connected via ethernet), which I either have to wait out taking up to hour, or reboot the Hub One which always solves the problem.

Are the issues above anything that is known to the community, and if so is there a firmware update that could resolve by problems or any other suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Hub One Firmware - Possible Issues?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help to My Router 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your router.

Could you PM me the serial number of the router you're using? It'll begin with "+081441+"

I'll then raise a request with our products team to update the firmware for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your private message.

I've passed the request on to our products team to update the firmware in your router to a different version.

It should be actioned within the next few days, but due to the festive season with the obvious weekend/bank holiday's coming

up, let us know how things look by the end of next week.

[edit]

You don't need to do anything for the firmware change to happen.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just to post back to confirm that we've made a change to the firmware of your router.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
degoop
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf for the quick response by you and the engineering team. 

The update wiped out all the port forwarding when I restarted the router, but I was able to set up the forwarding to the devices from the list rather than explicit static IP addresses, which I have now removed from the devices.  Not all the devices on the network are visible in the "Device" page of the router (even after restating them and removing any static addresses), but at least the ones attached to the router that I need to forward ports to are. The ones that are not appearing are on Homeplug devices, and wireless extender, but its not consistent as some are and some not, even when they are connected to the same Homeplug!

I will monitor the freezing issue I had and then flag as fixed if no problems occur next week.

Thanks again for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update.

Let us know your monitoring goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
degoop
Hooked

Following the  the firmware update to 4.7.5.14.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 I have been monitoring the issues I was experiencing.

The port forwarding to devices seems to be working as I've not needed to assign static IP's, but sometimes the hub still does not find all the devices in the device view, including devices attached via Ethernet direcitly into the hub?

So far I have not noticed any non-response issues, so the update may have fixed that specific issue, but I will monitor for while longer as it was intermittent.

Unfortunately the update has introduced a drop in downstream connection speed of between 6 to 10Mbps which was totally unexpected. Has anyone else experienced a drop in speed following recent firmware updates?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

What speeds are you seeing your side (wired)? Testing the line shows you to be in sync at 64.9mbps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
degoop
Hooked

It is the sync speed that has dropped since the firmware upgrade.  Since my line was fiixed months ago the sync speed has been above 70 constantly but below 70 since the firmware update.

Download speed using speeptext.net is 57.4 down and 17.19 up, which is about  6 to 8 lower on down than it has been, although not been keeping track for a few month after it was averaging 63 down since the line was fixed.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @degoop, can you reboot your router and retest the speed?

Let me know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
degoop
Hooked

Hi @LaurenB, I have restarted the router and it connected at Down 65.11Mbps and Up 19.98Mbps.  Re-running the speed test I got 56.3Mbps and 18.63Mbps.  Only the router and the PC running the speed test directly connected to the Ethernet port were up and connected (Homeplugs and all other devices not connected).

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK thanks for confirming.

I'm gonna send the details over to our products team to see if they can try another firmware version, as this has only happened since the update.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Fix

@degoop, I've pushed the latest available software update to your Hub One.

Unfortunately, I doubt this is going to fix your observation regarding the network map which is an acknowledged problem that's being discussed over here.

There are no differences I'm aware of between firmware variants that would lead to a significant difference in the sync speed the device negotiates at.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵