cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Dropouts - Firmware DNS issue?

MG56
Hooked

Re: Hub One Dropouts - Firmware DNS issue?

Just to give an update on our position.

Customer support called me and said that a firmware upgrade to the hub One router was scheduled for later in April (so maybe the global update is happening ...)

Meantime i was recommended to change individual device settings on the IP properties to make use of Google DNS or OpenSource DNS.  I've done this on the PCs and so far not experienced any further DNS failures.  

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@stuart2002 @MG56 & @protos22 - I've just pushed an update to your devices. You'll need to power them off/back on to apply it.

@ijhendry wrote:

@bobpullen I got a call from customer support around 5:30 PM asking me to restart the router at 8:30 PM on the 30th of March for the update to go through. Guess the router must have has failed close to midnight so maybe the update did not go through. I have just restarted it again, hope it allows you to push the firmware update. Thank you.

Just tried again and it's the same story. Last time there was contact from your router was Wednesday. If you're still using it, then try another reboot and let me know and I'll try again.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

fatya89

Sam issue here with DNS not working.

@bobpullen, could you please push an update to my hub one too? 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@fatya89 - that's been done for you. You'll need to reboot the hub to apply the update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

fatya89

Can confirm update's come through. Thanks @bobpullen
neiljohnson

Hi @bobpullen.

I seem to be having the same problem here. Regular dropout of service and same results when trying the test on the first page.

Any chance you can push a firmware update to my router too.
chrismex

Hi @bobpullen 

If possible please can you send an update to my Hub, i am also experiancing these DNS drop outs at random times and have had some other weird drop outs.

Thanks

Chris

nerd2

Ditto please, this has been driving us crazy for the last 3-4 weeks. I really don't want to have to put another DHCP server in.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@nerd2 & @neiljohnson - I've pushed an update to your router, you'll need to power off/back on at your side to apply it.

@chrismex - struggling to locate your account/router. Feel free to private message me your username and hub serial number and I'll take another look.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

simonharv

@bobpullen 
I appear to have the DNS issue, but not to the same extent as others. I'm a retuning customer and have a new router, software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263.
So far, DNS fails completely for me after around a week of uptime and I have to reboot the router to restore service. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@simonharv - I've pushed an update to your hub that should hopefully sort it. You'll need to power the device off/back on to apply it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

simonharv

Thanks @bobpullen 

I'm now on .289. Hopefully, that's sorted it.

Service like this is why I came back.

jimdavey

Hi I have been having issues with wifi continualy dropping out and was wondering if a router firmware update would fix it? It is currently on 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 last updated in 2019. I would be much obliged if you could do this for me

StewartHolt

@bobpullen hi Bob - long time Plusnet customer and have recently installed a new Hub One router after problems with my old one. Experiencing lots of intermittent drop outs even though wifi strength shown as good. Wondering if I need an update pushing to my hub? Could you do this for me if needed please. Thanks in advance!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jimdavey - your hub was actually updated automatically early yesterday morning.

@StewartHolt - yours is already on the latest build I think (version ending 1.3).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team